PDA

View Full Version : Quarantine question

chrisg
08-02-2005, 02:20 PM
If a horse is bought & brought from another country & it will make its U.S. debut @ DelMar, it has to go in quarantine first, right? If so, how many days would that be?

Thanks

kenwoodallpromos
08-02-2005, 03:50 PM
You can check online; maybe with the USDA.

chrisg
08-02-2005, 05:03 PM
You can check online; maybe with the USDA.
Thanks Ken; I found the answers there:

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/vs/ncie/importing.html

The question arose when I was looking @ the pp's for Del Mar's 7th tomorrow.

http://www.dmtc.com/frame.php?c=contest&f=/racinginfo/pp/bris/050803.pdf

I didn't see any works listed for Sleepless Joy...I wonder if they were left off by mistake; maybe I should pursue that. Maybe there were none, maybe they were out of this country.

kenwoodallpromos
08-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Is that DNF its last race? If so, seems like the track may require a work. Go to the DM site, email PR type MaryS. She will know.
Just from a quick glance at the PP's, I noticed Laura's in the race. Good horse. But of course they all are!

chrisg
08-02-2005, 08:58 PM
Is that DNF its last race? If so, seems like the track may require a work. Go to the DM site, email PR type MaryS. She will know.
Just from a quick glance at the PP's, I noticed Laura's in the race. Good horse. But of course they all are!

Thanks Ken, when I get a response from her I'll post. As a side note, Laura's Lucky Boy & Qsar are the two I'm focusing on.

kenwoodallpromos
08-03-2005, 09:01 PM
I shouls have put my Laura post in the selections forum!!LOL!!

chrisg
08-05-2005, 05:10 PM

Haven't heard anything, so I'll let it go.

kenwoodallpromos
08-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Records of Foreign and Imported Horses.
Rule Text The owner of any horse which has not previously raced at a recognized meeting in the UnitedStates or which has raced elsewhere, must furnish to the racing secretary prior to the entry ofsuch horse to any race in this State, performance records of said horse's races during the pastyear showing where and when said horse did race, the distance, weight carried and said horse'sfinishing position and time. If such records are incomplete or unavailable, the owner or hisrepresentatives must submit an affidavit to such effect to the racing secretary. If such recordsor affidavit are not submitted, such horse shall be ineligible to start unless approval is firstobtained from the Board.

chrisg
08-05-2005, 09:55 PM
Thanks Ken.