PDA

View Full Version : Dan Pope's stuff

Wickel
08-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Anyone ever dealt with Dan Pope out of Tulsa, Okla.?
He's basically authored several pencil-and-paper spot plays and is not converting them to software. Just curious if his stuff is any good.

NoDayJob
08-01-2005, 03:00 PM
:) :D ;) :cool: :mad: :confused: :kiss: :eek: :p :(

He's not selling it.

NDJ

Wickel
08-01-2005, 03:04 PM
That's why I thought. Too many outrageous claims. Thanks.

Overlay
08-01-2005, 06:53 PM
I've never dealt with Dan Pope directly, but I've seen and thumbed through a number of his titles in various used book stores, so I could get an idea of what they were about before buying any. I bought one (Multiple-Selection Handicapping) that had some useful ideas in it for my style of play, but that was at used book prices, of course. (I don't recall being particularly impressed by any of the other titles I saw.) I don't know what he currently charges, but I'd want a clear money-back provision before buying. (The last I knew, he wasn't yet into software, but I don't know whether that's changed or not.)

midnight
08-02-2005, 03:20 AM
There's a good reason some of these guys don't put their pencil-paper methods into software form. If they did, it'd be very easy for people to find out how worthless the methods are.

wes
08-02-2005, 11:17 AM
Dan had a Dos programs out back in the 1990's. That was nothing fancy.
A type in data type "STRETCH RUN" programs. Nothing more than a number cruncher.

wes

Jaguar
08-03-2005, 12:43 AM
Was a Dan pope customer for several years. Was completely unimpressed by his "Stretch-Run" program- which- after all, was a rather one-dimensional way of handicapping a horse race.

I make this criticism advisedly, since I bought "Stretch-Run" probably around 15 years ago. Mr. Pope may have long since greatly improved the program- I simply don't know if he has

His best product was his thick tome containing an excellent collection of trainer angles. That book alone would have made a guy rich 40 years ago.

Those angles have been destroyed by Bute, Lasix, and a witches' brew of chemical concoctions out of Kentucky that would make a chemist from M.I.T. dizzy.

(Kentucky, where we know how to make the juice, sell the juice, and win with the juice.)

Case in point- the horse than ran back the other day, after 4 days rest- and won.

(All the more remarkable when you consider the physiological ramifications of horse racing- where red blood cells become depleted of iron and wind up looking like old, mostly deflated baloons. -A horse needs time to recover from such an exhausting undertaking.)

In this age of superb, comprehensive handicapping methods, I don't believe men like Dan Pope would pay to advertise any antique methods.

He, by the way, is an educated man- an engineer- and is reputed to be an excellent handicapper. I guarantee you that if you could look at his computer's hard drive, you would find a plethora of state-of-the-art handicapping programs.

I would be extremely surprised if this were not the case.

All The Best,

Jaguar

dav4463
08-25-2005, 03:27 AM
I just received a letter for Dan's 2005 Colossal Cash Plan. It says, "You are going to win $5000 the very first month...and every month thereafter for the next three years !!" It says it wins 9 of every 10 days. During a test the Colossal Cash Plan won over $35,000 in 16 days involving 8 different tracks. And get this, the $35,000 was won with $10 win bets !!! It costs $50, and the letter is so good, I am tempted to give in and order the thing ! I love reading these letters !

Pace Cap'n
08-25-2005, 06:18 AM
How much for five years?

Wickel
08-25-2005, 02:41 PM
Got the same pitch, Dav. Like you, it's entertaining to read this stuff, that's why my mailbox is jammed with junk mail from the racing industry. I just might give it a shot.

NoDayJob
08-25-2005, 10:43 PM
I just received a letter for Dan's 2005 Colossal Cash Plan. It says, "You are going to win $5000 the very first month...and every month thereafter for the next three years !!" It says it wins 9 of every 10 days. During a test the Colossal Cash Plan won over $35,000 in 16 days involving 8 different tracks. And get this, the $35,000 was won with $10 win bets !!! It costs $50, and the letter is so good, I am tempted to give in and order the thing ! I love reading these letters !

:lol: PASS--- I'll wait to buy this turkey to add it to my library. It'll show up in some ex-punter's handicapping library garage sale for a buck or two. BTW I may start selling my SKHP and JSS programs on E-Bay. Both are sure fire winners. Be sure to order one before they are all gone.:lol:

NDJ