PDA

View Full Version : Houston to Versailles

PurplePower
08-01-2005, 07:08 AM
In the 2.5 months that I havn't checked in on this board, I moved my wife from Houston to Versailles, Ky (June 5), spent the month of June teaching Groom Elite classes at Churchill, Prairie Meadowns, Canterbury Park, Philadelphia Park, Colonial Downs and the Wateree Correctional Institute (a new TRF prison farm) in South Carolina; and resigned from Sam Houston Race Park efffective July 10. I still do Purple Power for the Sam Houston Race Park Quarter Horses and may continue to do PP for the Thoroughbred meeting this winter. I am going to spend the next 10 years helping The Elite Program get a funding base whereby Groom Elite classes can be taught at every track that wants to improve the quality of care given the racehorses. I will also finish developing the Owner Elite and Trainer Elite classes so that they can be offered within the year. My wife is working on updating the elite program's website, but if you want to know more you can check out the old site at www.eliteprogram.com.

I had Toga III on my schedule back in May and had it off schedule first of July. Right now, it is creeping back into the picture as a possibility for that Monday-Wednesday. I am putting it on this month's calendar in pencil. Wife will not be able to make it (and she was really looking forward to her first trip) as she is not quite 2 months into working for the Transportation Security Administration (yep, but none of you would mind her goiing through your bag) at Blue Grass Airport in Lexington. (She drew the 4:30 AM shift (gets off work at 11 - gets off at (never mind)), so I am up at 2 and working during the wee hours.)

(Hmmm - Now, If I just had a donation check I needed to pick up in Saragota ...... ;) )

Now where did I put my old Mathmatical Statistics text book, I got to brush up so I can read some more threads

Suff
08-01-2005, 09:06 AM
I had Toga III on my schedule back in May and
Congratulations on your marriage, and proffesional success.
I hope you make it up Reid. Let me know if I can help in anyway.

I just got back a few hours ago. I'm exhausted. Saratoga. A remarkable place. We stayed at the Turf & Spa

From the New York Times
August 10, 2003
"...offers refrigerators in its 43 well-kept rooms and a pool, where guests study racing forms around the clock...":D

kenwoodallpromos
08-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Aoll good things you are doing!

Stealth
08-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Welcome to the Horse Capital of the World!

PurplePower
08-01-2005, 11:21 PM
Welcome to the Horse Capital of the World!
Thanks Stealth. Always did like it when I visited - and don't think I will ever be able to drive down any of these roads and not say at least once, "Man, that's beautiful!" -- Not sure about an office here yet, but one possibility I looked at today is at the Horse Park. Going to check out some possibilities in the Versailles area today. Maybe we can meet at Keeneland in the next couple of months.

KEN: Thanks for the "flowers". It is rewarding to have grooms tell me how much they appreciate us taking the time to tell them the underlying reasons they do some of the routine tasks they do every day.

SUFF: - Thanks pal. We were locked in in April, wife had put first three days of Aug 22 week as her vacation time from previous job (plus her two days off on Thursday and Friday) and then this change in jobs and she has to start over buildinig up days. Just looked at the gallery pictures again - I envy you guys that are close enough to make several trips.

Suff
08-03-2005, 09:33 PM

You know where we will be. No notice of any kind needed. If You make it up... Jack Kincer is hitting the couch! Jacks the best, so you know that means I would love have you come again. Don't worry about anything. If it comes late august and you can jump on a plane , get on it. Give us a heads up and we'll pick you up in Albany...or just get to Saratoga. Your VIP status Ried. Not because of your High Falutin doctor of race-ology distinction though. It's because your the best! Everybody loved you...You have a lot fans on Pace Advanatge. Come sign some auto-graphs Dr.McLellan:ThmbUp: