PDA

View Full Version : NYRA site

Valuist
07-31-2005, 01:26 AM
Somebody posted recently about getting scratch information. One of the responses was go to the track(s) websites. As I found out today, these are NOT always accurate.

I got the scratches off the NYRA site this morning and saw that Yolando B Too, the 4 horse in the 3rd race, was scratched. This horse looked like she towered over the field and her scratch made the race wide open. Turns out the information was a mistake (they did end up correcting it later on) but for those of us who already bet the 2nd race Pic 4, it was too late as Yolando B Too went on to win easily. As it turned out for me, Better Than Bonds would've killed my ticket anyways but I'll check the Brisbet site as well to make sure NYRA hasn't made any mistakes.

BillW
07-31-2005, 01:56 AM
You might want to confirm that the NYRA data and Bris data is not from the same source (Equibase). They could have been simply repeating an error that was in the system.

Figman
07-31-2005, 09:40 AM
I got my scratches off the NYRA site at 11:22 a.m. Eastern time and I didn't have YOLANDE B TOO scratched? What time did you get your scratches?

GeTydOn
07-31-2005, 06:50 PM
Anyone else notice the Yolanda B. Too won the NY Lottery Run for Cash?
:D :D :D

Was Yolanda Vega there to present the award??

NYRA site has also lost the "handicapping" section. That's real helpful.
:rolleyes:

Figman
07-31-2005, 06:57 PM
Of course Yolande Vega was there!

GeTydOn
07-31-2005, 06:59 PM
Well if that ain't the hunch-play of the century!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too bad I missed it!
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

PaceAdvantage
07-31-2005, 07:13 PM
Well, they already have Dave Litfin's analysis appearing twice (once in the DRF, and once in the newly reformatted NYRA program)....what do you want, a third time on the NYRA website?

toetoe
07-31-2005, 07:49 PM
Valuist,
That's the first time in my experience. NYRA remains the best site going. Cold comfort, I know.

The Hawk
07-31-2005, 10:29 PM
How can NYRA's be the "best site going" when they don't even offer live video? I'm sure it's against some NY rule or law (what isn't?) but that alone leaves the site lagging, far behind, for instance, Del Mar's.

Valuist
08-01-2005, 10:05 AM
Figman-

I went on around 11:00 Eastern. That's usually right at the time that they put the info up. I checked it later on and they must've corrected it.

alysheba88
08-01-2005, 10:38 AM
How can NYRA's be the "best site going" when they don't even offer live video? I'm sure it's against some NY rule or law (what isn't?) but that alone leaves the site lagging, far behind, for instance, Del Mar's.

While not live, the race replays they have are free and quick. Usually only a few minutes after the race. Agree that nothing can really compare with the Del Mar site

Milleruszk
08-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Well, they already have Dave Litfin's analysis appearing twice (once in the DRF, and once in the newly reformatted NYRA program)....what do you want, a third time on the NYRA website?

NYRA used to have Kelly G's analysis of the race card on their web site. What happened to her? Has she been purged by NYRA? :confused:

Suff
08-01-2005, 01:51 PM
NYRA used to have Kelly G's analysis of the race card on their web site. What happened to her? Has she been purged by NYRA? :confused:

I don't know the specifics... But yes, Kelly has been reassigned and is no longer working in the role as Public Handicapper for NYRA. I believe she is still employed by NYRA, in the racing office in another capacity.

PaceAdvantage
08-01-2005, 04:18 PM
NYRA no longer has a public handicapper. They are borrowing one from the Daily Racing Form.

Personally, I know I can't get enough of Dave Litfin....LOL

BTW, the last two handicappers for NYRA (Kelly G and Mike Sherack) kept track of not only their win% but also their ROI. I notice Litfin has ended this tradition.

Interesting.

Steve 'StatMan'
08-01-2005, 08:39 PM
For the last few years, DRF has an arrangement with AP where the DRF Trackman's selections and comments (Marcus Hersch) appear in the track program. Saved the track money by not having to pay for a track program handicapper. DRF lets them print the selections, and the track does some promos for DRF. Perhaps NYRA now has a similar arrangement.

On the other hand, the last 3 years or so, the CDSN family of tracks (Including AP) have several handicappers for their Website, some making selections at more than 1 track, with various full or partial selections (Top selections for full card, Value Plays, and their Promotional Gimicks Wagers like Guaranteed Pick-4's, Turf Trifectas and Supersized Superfectas).

TheRipper
08-01-2005, 09:15 PM
Lately, a lot of DRF is creeping into NYRA. DRF awarded contract to produce NYRA program. New NYRA CFO comes from DRF. Litfin appears in track program (more $$ for him). Where did NYRA CEO Hayward last work? Oh yeah, DRF!!!! :kiss:

Didn't Barry K. Schwartz get a tongue lashing from Hevesi for this kind of nepotism? Maybe DRF is going to bid on the NYRA franchise next?

Tom
08-01-2005, 10:37 PM
In the Handicaper's Diary section of Sim Weekly, NYRA used hav ethe turf rail position when Litfin wrote it - the other guy isn't doing that anymore.
Seems everyone wants to go backwards.

Steve 'StatMan'
08-01-2005, 11:14 PM
Litfin appears in track program (more $$ for him).

Hopefully, but I wouldn't count on it. If it's the info from DRF, then DRF owns it and can print it wherever they make arrangements. As I understand it, they didn't give Marcus Hersch extra money when AP and DRF made their deal. But when AP has double draws, and therefore earlier print deadlines of their track program, it means he has to have the second day's analysis and selecions submitted much sooner than before. Although Marcus has gotten involved in AP's "Get In The Game" seminars on the weekends, so hopefully he benefits in other ways, if not directly from the program comments.

WINMANWIN
08-01-2005, 11:59 PM
I saw the same thing Valuist noted on the NYRA website, YOLANDA B TOO was scratched, When I heard the N.Y.R.A webcast on the NYC OTB channel
HE WAS not scratched, SO I thought I saw it incorrectly, but VALUIST is right
See Valuist your not crazy :bang: speaking of todays little tidbits, to those at the track or listening to the webcast, announcer Durkin informed the public at least 5 times that STOCK TIP WHO WON and paid over $100.00 buckos in today's 5th was wearing a HOOD. The drf had blinkers off change also. When they were entering the track Durkin again said STOCK TIP is racing with a Hood, I suspected the horse had a hood with no BLINKERS on the eyes, but DURKIN said a Hood was Earmuffs, maybe the steed had a Hood and Earmuffs ON :confused: Anyway 3 outta 4 in my pick 4's paid over 200 k :blush: Another gutwrenching LOSS, AND ANOTHER BAD RACING MEMORY :sleeping:

Valuist
08-02-2005, 09:23 AM
Winmanwin-

Thanks for verifying my story. I may be crazy but at least I wasn't wrong :D

As for Stock Tip, I wonder if Biancone will ever pay over $100 to win again.....kind of like Bailey w/Arcangues.

GeTydOn
08-02-2005, 03:39 PM
Mr. Winman:

A HOOD is NOT BLINKERS. Everyone made that mistake with Gate Dancer. Gate DAncer did NOT where blinkers, just a hood - EARMUFFS. Bottom line, Stock Tip was an absurd price. He ran just once in his life - last year. He changed to turf for his return. And if anyone claims a misunderstanding of the equipment stopped them from playing this horse - SHAME ON THEM!

WINMANWIN
08-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Mr. Winman:

A HOOD is NOT BLINKERS. Everyone made that mistake with Gate Dancer. Gate DAncer did NOT where blinkers, just a hood - EARMUFFS. Bottom line, Stock Tip was an absurd price. He ran just once in his life - last year. He changed to turf for his return. And if anyone claims a misunderstanding of the equipment stopped them from playing this horse - SHAME ON THEM!

I understand that, Thanks for explaining. My question is the horse had a hood
without blinkers on, so it was announced the horse was wearing a hood. Then when they were coming out to the track durkin explains a hood is EARMUFFS, So I was under the impression the horse had a Hood on WITHOUT BLINKERS AND EARMUFFS ON, So your saying EARMUFFS IS A HOOD, WHY DIDN'T THE TRACK JUST ANNOUNCE EARMUFFS AND NOT CONFUSE THE MATTER. :eek:

Steve 'StatMan'
08-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Sound like this horse's hood were for the earmuffs. Other hoods can have other specialized items, like protected eye screens (mesh, like a fly's eyes), others a protective plastic eye bubble, others goggles. We had one race here that had a hood with ear muffs and a big mesh screen once.

The protective eye screen hoods also allow for optional blinker cups.