PDA

View Full Version : SRX 7/30

chickenhead
07-30-2005, 12:56 PM
I don't see many prices that I like today..will have to wait and see what the odds board brings, hopefully can find a play or three.

SR Race # 4 5.5 furlongs Dirt Clm8000

The 5 horse Quench Wench (ML 5/2) has been running some nice races as of late, and should be the best fit today at this distance.

SR Race # 5 5.5 furlongs Dirt StrAlw11000

Two horses to look at here. The 6 Requesto (ML 5/2) seemed to take to the added distance last out, and should benefit from being off the rail. He will have to run down the 3 hoss New York Dancer, who at 9/2 ML is enticing as he has some good early speed...but the way this track has been playing, probably best to play him primarily underneath.

SR Race # 6 8.0 furlongs Dirt Clm4000

The Martin horse 2 Hai Ichiban (ML 8/5) looks solid here, if he gets beat it's by the other two favs 7 Three Card Poker (ML 2/1) or the 1 Best Pick (ML 3/1). What can I say, a 3 horse race with no value that I can see.

SR Race # 7 8.0 furlongs Dirt MC8000

I expect the 6 Built for the Lady (ML 7/2) to graduate here off that last race, took well to two turns in last.

SR Race # 8 8.5 furlongs Turf Stk50000

The 2 Penny Ante (ML 5/2) and the 6 Pickle (ML 7/5) loom large over this filed, with Pickle having the obvious class edge. Pickle runs down Penny Ante in the stretch for the 6-2 ex. paying $6.

SR Race # 9 6.0 furlongs Dirt Clm6250

As Helmsman stands for stud just down the road from me, I always root for his offspring, and the 6 Take the Helm (ML 5/2) has the added bonus of being the most likely winner here, ran a solid race last out and takes the double class drop.

SR Race # 10 6.0 furlongs Dirt Mdn26500

I don't play races with this many FTS, but the 4 Playin the Niners (ML 5/2) with Baze aboard would be tough to get past.

SR Race # 11 8.5 furlongs Turf Clm25000

The 7 horse Hot Grip (ML 3/1) has the recent figs required to win this race, winning at the 40K level down at Hollywood 5/7. The 1A Raise the Heat (ML 5/2) has ran well enough in the past, but hasn't been on the turf since Dec. last year, and he seems to have lost a bit since moving away from Hollendorfer. Hot Grip to win, there are several useable horses underneath.

SR Race # 12 5.5 furlongs Dirt MC8000

No thanks.

chickenhead
07-30-2005, 11:55 PM
About like I figured, chalky day, most all my picks got pounded well below ML...but they did leave us an opening to make some money in the 8th, vastly overbetting the fav, and letting the only other contender, just slightly less likely go off at 5.50-1. Made for a good day.

SR Race # 4 5.5 furlongs Dirt Clm8000

The 5 horse Quench Wench (ML 5/2) has been running some nice races as of late, and should be the best fit today at this distance..

QUENCH WENCH lagged early, worked forward through the backstretch, commenced a strong bid three wide through the turn and closed willingly but could not reach the top one. 2nd at 3.40-1

SR Race # 5 5.5 furlongs Dirt StrAlw11000

Two horses to look at here. The 6 Requesto (ML 5/2) seemed to take to the added distance last out, and should benefit from being off the rail. He will have to run down the 3 hoss New York Dancer, who at 9/2 ML is enticing as he has some good early speed...but the way this track has been playing, probably best to play him primarily underneath.

REQUESTO was off a step slow, raced four wide through the turn and closed with interest on the outside but was unable to reach the top three. 4th at 1.00-1

NEW YORK DANCER attended the pace for a quarter of a mile, assumed the lead early on the turn, edged clear when straightening for home and was all out through the drive but could not hold off CAPTAIN BRIGGS in the final yards. 2nd at 3.40-1

SR Race # 6 8.0 furlongs Dirt Clm4000

The Martin horse 2 Hai Ichiban (ML 8/5) looks solid here, if he gets beat it's by the other two favs 7 Three Card Poker (ML 2/1) or the 1 Best Pick (ML 3/1). What can I say, a 3 horse race with no value that I can see.

HAI ICHIBAN broke alertly, raced close up into the first turn, became rank before the backstretch, was brought back and settled soon after, inched up outside the leader, assumed a clear lead straightening for home and was all out to just hold. 1st at 1.10-1

SR Race # 7 8.0 furlongs Dirt MC8000

I expect the 6 Built for the Lady (ML 7/2) to graduate here off that last race, took well to two turns in last.

BUILT FOR THE LADY stalked the pace from the inside to the half, bid on the rail into the second turn, shifted outside of a tiring SONOFATIZZY and rallied to the stretch, dueled for the lead to deep stretch then inched clear under steady urging. 1st at 1.30-1

SR Race # 8 8.5 furlongs Turf Stk50000

The 2 Penny Ante (ML 5/2) and the 6 Pickle (ML 7/5) loom large over this filed, with Pickle having the obvious class edge. Pickle runs down Penny Ante in the stretch for the 6-2 ex. paying $6.

PICKLE (GB) was unhurried and sat chilly to the half, commenced a bid three wide on the far turn, roared up to engage the winner to mid stretch but was outfinished despite strong urging. 2nd at 0.40-1

PENNY ANTE had good speed and dueled from the rail to the backstretch, allowed MUSICAL REVIEW to inch clear and rated patiently to the second turn, rallied when roused and took over into the stretch, was challenged by PICKLE (GB) in mid stretch but dug in bravely through the final furlong and prevailed. 1st at 5.50-1 a gift! $1 ex paid $13.40

SR Race # 9 6.0 furlongs Dirt Clm6250

As Helmsman stands for stud just down the road from me, I always root for his offspring, and the 6 Take the Helm (ML 5/2) has the added bonus of being the most likely winner here, ran a solid race last out and takes the double class drop.

TAKE THE HELM tracked the leaders to the turn, rallied four wide and took the lead in upper stretch, dug in to deep stretch but could not stall the winner. 2nd at 2.20-1

SR Race # 10 6.0 furlongs Dirt Mdn26500

I don't play races with this many FTS, but the 4 Playin the Niners (ML 5/2) with Baze aboard would be tough to get past.

PLAYIN THE NINERS dueled for the lead outside of AWESOME HONOR to the turn, came three wide to the stretch, hustled to the lead then drew away under steady handling. 1st at 0.70-1

SR Race # 11 8.5 furlongs Turf Clm25000

The 7 horse Hot Grip (ML 3/1) has the recent figs required to win this race, winning at the 40K level down at Hollywood 5/7. The 1A Raise the Heat (ML 5/2) has ran well enough in the past, but hasn't been on the turf since Dec. last year, and he seems to have lost a bit since moving away from Hollendorfer. Hot Grip to win, there are several useable horses underneath.

HOT GRIP had no speed, got fanned four wide to the stretch and lacked a rally. 4th at 2.20-1

SR Race # 12 5.5 furlongs Dirt MC8000

No thanks.