PDA

View Full Version : Free $50 betting account from TVG

al2468
07-30-2005, 12:34 PM
TVG is running a contest every Saturday for a free $50 betting account. Entry is free. All you have to do is register at theyareatthepost.com to enter. Looks like 2 minutes of work for a free shot at $50. Theyareatthepost has a good racing column from Saratoga each day written by Pricci. The site has improved a lot over the last 2 months.

Fred
07-30-2005, 10:56 PM
I just can't grasp the fact that TVG is available for online wagering in only a few markets but is the main player along with HRTV for watching races at home. I can bet through several other wagering outlets from the state I live in but I am unable to have a TVG account. But if I want to watch races on TVG via Direct TV I can do that all day long. This is fine with me but why does TVG offer a signal where they are unable to generate income? Are they hoping more and more states pass laws to legalize pari mutuel wagering at home or over state lines? I wouldn't hold my breath. And why can I place a bet with several other wagering hubs and not TVG? Why does TVG think it is against the law in most states and the others think it is OK? Sorry if this is off the subject matter.

Freddy

kingfin66
07-31-2005, 11:13 PM
Fred,

I am going to stay off topic with you.

I believe that TVG does hope that more states pass phone wagering laws. Washington recently passed a law allowing phone wagering. The incentive was to preserve the Washington horse racing industry. The group was able to advance the argument that without the additional revenue that would be provided by phone wagering, the industry would die. The legislation has indeed resulted in increased purses at Emerald Downs and, thus, better racing.

TVG sells advertising so it is in their best interest to broadcast wherever they can. Even if people bet through means other than TVG, it is still better for TVG to have as many viewers as possible.

I was all set to open an account with TVG when the Washington legislation passed until I saw that they charge bettors to make a wager! What kind of BS is that? What also makes me upset is that Emerald Downs' has an exclusive contract with TVG so that I can't even bet through a different outlet like BrisBet. Ugh.

Suff
08-01-2005, 10:24 AM
TVG is running a contest every Saturday for a free $50 betting account. Entry is free. All you have to do is register at theyareatthepost.com to enter. Looks like 2 minutes of work for a free shot at $50. Theyareatthepost has a good racing column from Saratoga each day written by Pricci. The site has improved a lot over the last 2 months.

Thanks..:ThmbUp: