PDA

View Full Version : Google Earth

chickenhead
07-29-2005, 07:36 PM
if any of you haven't tried this yet..try it! Super cool.

Go to Google, click "more"...and click on the little globe. I just loaded it, its about 10MB download. Coolest thing I've ever seen.

Suff
07-29-2005, 09:06 PM
Very cool... I want to get the most out of it quickly....without working at it.:D

Tell me how you did a couple of things, please.

BillW
07-29-2005, 09:10 PM
CH,

That's the competing service to Microsoft's Virtual Earth with the Apple campus added :)

Bill

chickenhead
07-29-2005, 09:51 PM
I'll have to try the MS one too, is it better/worse? Can only be worse coming from those guys..

To download it go here http://earth.google.com/

very neat for any of you guys with kids that are doing geography..or if you just like to look around at things. I wish they had the dates so you know how stale the images are, but I zoomed in on my office and could recognize the cars, so they aren't more than a year or so old.

Suff I haven't done anything yet but just look at things, but I can see there is lots of other info you can extract from it..directions etc.

BillW
07-29-2005, 10:03 PM
I'll have to try the MS one too, is it better/worse? Can only be worse coming from those guys..

I haven't looked at it but the article also mentioned the still remaining WTC in the Manhatten quadrant. I guess the addage "never suspect conspiracy when stupidity can adequately explain ..." holds here :) .