PDA

View Full Version : A website for a true hero

lsbets
07-28-2005, 09:58 AM
http://www.wtv-zone.com/Mary/THISWILLMAKEYOUPROUD.HTML

As much as I hate giving credit to a Marine ;) , this guy has earned it.

Secretariat
07-28-2005, 08:07 PM
“Accounts of American valor are dismissed by the press as propaganda, yet accounts of American difficulties are heralded as objectivity.”

I’ve not seen any media dismissing accounts of American valor. Maybe I watch something different than this fellow.

Guy seems like a helluva soldier. Very proud of him.

I’m proud of all soldiers who serve honorably. That’s why I’m concerned when the Army’s Surgeon General comes out today saying that “30% of U.S. Troops surveyed have developed stress-related health problems three to four months after coming home from the Iraq War.”

It concerns me. I think it is great to honor these soldiers for what they accomplish on the battlefield, but it is also important never to forget them in their struggles to cope afterwards.

Suff
07-28-2005, 08:24 PM
This guy is a Real Life Terminator. Unbelieveable.... I like it.

I'm curious. Navy Cross is the 2nd highest combat medal the Navy Issue's. Whats a guy gotta do to get that? Jesus.. if this guy does'nt get a PH here, then where?

As far as Bob Lonsberry the author? He's turd. I wrote him an e-mail telling him so.

Two words. Natalie Hollaway. Thats America. 30 minutes a night on FOX NEWS CNN everywhere MSNBC. Media? Whats he kidding me? He took this tremdous act of bravery and leadership and polticized it. Again....The media? Who is this journalist and broadcaster that would make such a juvenile conclusion on mass media?

Natalie Holloway. Come on, is this guy in Jr High? Natalie Holloway. That sells Cars and Beer so thats the news.... You see. Don't F'n hang that media tag on no one anymore.

What people want to know and see is there. If no one is seeing it, it is because they choose not to.

One fact to establish my point. 25% of Americans (75 million people) do not know who Karl Rove is.

Media. yea they suck. Whats that got to do with Capt Brian Chontosh.

JustRalph
07-28-2005, 08:35 PM
As far as Bob Lonsberry the author? He's turd. I wrote him an e-mail telling him so.

you wanna explain why? Just Curious..............Tom? doesn't Lonsberry hail from your neck of the woods? Got a Comment?

Tom
07-28-2005, 09:06 PM
you wanna explain why? Just Curious..............Tom? doesn't Lonsberry hail from your neck of the woods? Got a Comment?

Lonsberry lives in nearby Mt Morris and broadcasts live out of WHAM in Rochester, NY and a station out in Utah(?).

He is a conservative talk show host with the personality of a wet dishrag. He is a rude, opinionated, loudmouth, radio bully who, even though I agree with about 70-80% of his ideas, I generally cannot stand to listen to his presentation. He is a rotten excuse of a person and I was disappointed when he got re-hired about a year ago ( he was fired for insinuating that the mayor was a baboon and playing monkee sounds and calling out the mayor's name when a real life babboon escaped from the local zoo. All in all, one of the funniest things I ever heard, but still, they guy is a poor messenger for conservative ideals. He is the equivalent of Randi Rhodes on the Air America network - even when she is right and mkaes a good point, I can only thinkg "trailer park trash" listening to her.

I can imagine SUff went ballistic if he listened to him for any length of time! :lol:

Suff - you are on the mark.

Suff
07-28-2005, 09:17 PM

My whole post is the explanation? You don't see it? :lol: :rolleyes: :ThmbDown: :ThmbUp: :confused: :confused:

Greta is on O'reilly talking Holloway, Greta will be on Hanity and Colmes. Draining a lake in Aruba has the American public mesmirized.

The mainstream media sells things. Holloway sells. Navy Cross's don't. Take it up with america. It's 2005 what people want to see they see.

People are free to obtain any information on any subject they prefer. IS he suggesting we socialize news? Is he suggesting that the Capt is not headline news because of anti-american bias in media? He's wrong. The reason Capt Chontosh is not on Fox or CNN tonight is because they are draining a pond in aruba to look for a girl that went missing two month ago.

And when that segment ends the mass market goes to watch American Idol. If you run that story the people click away. They're not interested. That's the problem. The consumer dictates what is news, not the source.

The issue facing America is not what they don't see. It's what they choose to see. An even larger conundrum.

Tom
07-28-2005, 09:33 PM
Frankly, Americans that flock to theses third world resorts are jsut asking for trouble. One missing blonde is no concern of mine. Her mother is one huge bore, though. Chalk it up to thinnig the herd. We don't got beeches in the States?

Little 5 year old boy in Rochester - died when his mother submerged him in scalding water. The kid had extensive wounds from repeat child abuse every day of his life. Cigarette burns all over his body. Numberous breaks and healed bones. the kid was taken away from his family for abuse a while ago, then returned by a liberal bleeding heart judge who didn't do his homework and left to die by republican social workers (I checked it out) to busy to do their damn jobs and prtect him.
The mayor ( the baboon mayor) gets up at the wake yesterday and laments that we have money for space shuttles and no money for parenting classes to prevent this sort of thing! Duh! You gotta go to calss to learn not to kill your kids????

Maybe they gotta print about the dumb blondes, cause who would believe reality.

But Hannity, O'Riely, etc. have got to have some trendy story to fill up thier empty shoes. And Suskind? a proffesional leech from the Simpson carnage. Nothing more.

Suff
07-28-2005, 11:34 PM
One missing blonde is no concern of mine. Her mother is one huge bore, though. Chalk it up to thinnig the herd. We don't got beeches in the States?

Tom did someone cut you off in traffic? Your using your nuclear option on all topics.

You threw the the Prez under the bus tonight. You can't go back after that mushroom cloud...;)

Now your taking down resorts and poor mothers......nuclear like.

All I see is a distraught mother and that is painful to watch. Many people find it drama. I watch as little as I can, but now that it has also gone nuclear I get radiated.

BetHorses!
07-29-2005, 12:40 AM
ERROR 404 Page Not Found

The URL you have requested does not exist on the WTV Zone servers.

It may have been deleted, renamed or moved. Please check the address and try again.

...or if you like, you can test your SKILL in the World's LARGEST Poker Room...

How come I got this ad when I attempted to view the Guestbook?

PaceAdvantage
07-29-2005, 02:40 AM
Sometimes I'm glad I don't have any time to watch TV news....

JustRalph
07-29-2005, 12:49 PM
Suff; I got the gist of your post. Just wondered if you had ever listened to Lonsberry. I have only heard him a few times. This was prior to his antics that got him fired. It seems he has punched it up a few notches....... I just wondered what made you call him a turd...........

lsbets
07-29-2005, 12:53 PM
I don't know who the radio guy is, I linked to the site because I thought the story was worth reading. I hadn't heard it anywhere before. One thing I wondered after reading it was, if it is portrayed accuratly, what the hell you do you have to do for a Medal of Honor? I've read some MOH citations from WWII, Korea, and Vietnam, and if the actions are accurate as on the site, this would seem to get pretty close to that level. I wonder if he was origionally recommended for it and it was downgraded. The current mindset is you pretty much have to die to get an MOH, so someone with some stars could have said "Nope, Navy Cross." I don't know. Awards are a screwy thing in today's military. When I would submit someone for a Bronze Star and say "He killed three insurgents" the award would get kicked back and I would have to change killed to neutralized. They said killed was too strong a word.

JustRalph
07-29-2005, 02:41 PM
Lsbets...... I was thinking the same thing??? what the hell does it take.

I don't think Sgt. York got a MOH either........and look what he did.......

General Information

Born Alvin Cullium York, December 13, 1887, in Pall Mall, Tennessee.
His life was turned around by a woman, Gracie Williams, who convinced him to give up his worldly ways and go to church. Formed long held and firm religious beliefs as a result.
Drafted in 1917.
Impressed the regular army officers with his ability to use a gun. Shot accurately at ranges of 200, 300 and 500 yards. Struggled with the moral issue of killing human beings, and refused to shoot at human silhouettes (targets).
At the battle of the Argonne Forest in the fall of 1918, as a member of the 82nd division, he killed 25 Germans, knocked out 35 machine guns, and captured 132 prisoners almost single-handed.
Recieved the French Medaille Militaire and Croix de Guerre, the Italian Groce de Guerra and the American Medal of Honor.
Came home to the adulation of the American people, married Gracie Williams, and died in Nashville, Tenn. on September 2, 1964 after having a cerebral hemorrage.

lsbets
07-29-2005, 02:49 PM
I would have to think that if he wasn't put in for it, the MOH was at least talked about by the recommender and a few others in his chain of command. It can be tough figuring out what to put someone in for, because there are no clear markers for what rises to what level. One of my favorite award stories was two guys in my battalion were put in for Bronze Stars after an ambush. After three months, it gets to the 3 star's desk for approval, and he sends it back down for a rewrite as Silver Stars. So, the awards are re-written, take 90 more days going up the chain of command, and after everyone in the chain recommends approval, the same general who said redo them as Silver Stars downgrades them to Bronze Stars!