PDA

View Full Version : DeLay on CAFTA? Not!

Secretariat
07-27-2005, 02:39 PM
Jul 27, 11:11 AM (ET)
Reuters

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republicans in the House of Representatives will approve a new free trade agreement with Central America late on Wednesday with the help of a few Democrats, House Majority Leader Tom DeLay said.

"It will be a tough vote but we'll pass CAFTA tonight," DeLay told reporters after a meeting between President Bush and House Republicans. "We will honor our commitments to the south, we will protect our national security and will do it all with very few Democrats."

Tom
07-27-2005, 09:46 PM
CAFTA....Come And (something) The Americans....again!

Hear that sucking sound that Perot was talking about. I'll tell you one thing, in retrospect, Ross is the ONLY politician in the last 20 years that I think ever made any damn sense at all. Roll up that whole bucnh of L/R politicains and put THEM in Mexico - NAFTA has been nothing but trouble to this country and we have seen ZERO benefits from it. Time to outsource our goverment, if you ask me.

kenwoodallpromos
07-27-2005, 11:09 PM
Aren't we still following Pres. Kennedy's policy of boycotting Cuba? We can bring democracy to the middle east but we can't even play baseball with our neighbor 90 miles south? Seems silly somehow- especially that we refuse to go there.

Secretariat
07-28-2005, 05:22 AM
House passed CAFTA 217-215. Only 15 Dems voted for it, and 212 Repubs....

Another poor piece of legislation strong-armed via Delay and BushCo....Instead of a 15 minute vote, DeLay kept it open for hours until he could arm twist one more Repub.

I guess the motto is, anything that hurts the American rank and file worker is good for us.

Tom
07-28-2005, 09:22 PM
This whole Cuaban boycott is so ridiculous it boggles the mind. It has NEVER accomplished anything other than make life miserable for the Cuban people. And it NEVER will accomplish anything else.

Every president since Kennedy has been in idiot thinking it would do anything.
Says a lot for the chorous line of stoioges we have had at the helm.

BTW....CAFTA treaty is 24,000 pages. Do you think Bush read it befreo he "stayed up past his bedtime" tom twist arms and get it passed?
Do you think ANY of the traitors that voted for it read it?
So this is what you get when the Repubs control both houses.....screwed.
Looks like I vote Democrate party line next few elections.