PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Williams

Valuist
07-26-2005, 10:56 AM
http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=51286&tid=27&t=1

Off pot or not, he won't be the same player he was back in 2002. Watching him at the press conference, he seems more like a missionary than a running back ready to go to battle. I don't want my running backs mellow and "looking to find themselves".

toetoe
07-26-2005, 09:18 PM
I know the league is only about gambling, but I love the guy just for not wanting to be a murderer when he grows up, like the average "star." He's just a harmless guy that wants to play, and maybe (brace for shocker) not get hit so hard he goes to an early grave.

Valuist
07-27-2005, 09:35 AM
I agree he's harmless but I question how much he wants to play. I realize they pretty much play for the money anyways but I guarantee you that's the ONLY reason he came back.

michiken
07-27-2005, 06:16 PM
His favorite quote is 'I used to have a drug problem but now I make enough money'!

:liar:

Valuist
08-09-2005, 01:02 PM
After seeing interviews with him, I'll be shocked if he is effective at all. He looks more like a homeless person now than an NFL player.

Tor Ekman
08-09-2005, 01:15 PM
Stick a fork in him - he's DONE

toetoe
08-09-2005, 01:39 PM
Good read. Effective? Maybe not. But something tells me a homeless person would be a lot more interesting as a dinner guest.

Fwizard
08-15-2005, 11:29 AM
Being a Dolphin fan --I want Ricky Williams gone --he is very light since he stopped smoking pot (I guess no more munchies) ---he will try to more of a elusive runner which he isn't--I hope they can get enough out of him to get a trade out of a team that loses a running back to injury....

cj
08-15-2005, 11:38 AM
He looked pretty good this weekend.

Fwizard
08-15-2005, 12:55 PM
He basically had 3 runs around ten yards each running to the outside --no real power rushes up the middle--of course some of that can be blamed on the Miami O-line

kenwoodallpromos
08-15-2005, 01:12 PM
He was better on pot because he was more paranoid about getting tackled!LOL! "I quit!" sounds like Bush and booze but a better speaker! And he has not fallen off any bicycles!

cj
08-15-2005, 01:53 PM
He was better on pot because he was more paranoid about getting tackled!LOL! "I quit!" sounds like Bush and booze but a better speaker! And he has not fallen off any bicycles!

Reading that post, I don't think Ricky is the only one that has been smoking a little weed. :eek:

Hell, after reading that post, I may smoke a little!

toetoe
08-15-2005, 03:06 PM
Running around end for anything close to a 10-yard average sounds good to me. As to team chemistry -- don't forget, these are not baseballers, the walking brain-dead of our society. Footballers may be able to put aside their resentments and go to war.

Valuist
08-15-2005, 04:52 PM
Interesting situation down there. The Fins drafted a RB in Ronnie Brown who shared time at Auburn with another 1st round pick (Cadillac Williams) so he wasn't even "The Man" at the lower level. It looked like Brown walked into a great situation; so what does he do? He holds out and Williams gets to show if he still can play. Williams will still be suspended for the first 4 games but if I was Brown, I'd get my a$$ in camp soon to make sure I had a job.

Williams could be the equivalent of a horse who ran triple digit Beyers a couple years ago and then went on the shelf and has just returned in a claiming race. Didn't see his performance but he has thrown the big figs before so I guess it wouldn't be impossible for him to get his old job back. But I don't think will see any 1800 yard seasons like he had in 2002.

Fwizard
08-15-2005, 05:55 PM
That is another reason I want Ricky to get traded---because he was gone the Fins used the 2nd pick of the draft on a RB ---If they would have known at that time they could have done something else with that pick---The only way it works if some team loses a starting RB --and say "oh Well lets take Ricky off the Dolphins hands.."

AM I bitter....nah...I love 4-12 seasons!:mad:

Bubbles
08-17-2005, 10:23 AM
Footballers may be able to put aside their resentments and go to war.

Paging T.O., paging T.O....LOL.

Valuist
02-20-2006, 06:04 PM
According to the USA Today, he tested positive for drugs again and will be suspended for the 2006 season. I can't say I'm surprised.

CryingForTheHorses
02-20-2006, 06:21 PM
Lets face it, Ricky likes his weed, Just like you guys like beer of whatever, Big price to pay for his vices,Too bad, He is/was a good player.

kenwoodallpromos
02-20-2006, 09:41 PM
He can come to Raider Country- and put on the black and silver this year- that is what all the homeless wear!LOL!
Jobs for Ricky- Member of Snoopy Diggity's posse; Roadie for Willie Nelson;
Vikings' go-fer; TV actor (worked for Cheech and Chong!); or first bust for Shaq!LOL! :cool:

Valuist
02-21-2006, 11:58 AM
ESPN said it wasn't pot he tested positive for. Have to think coke would be the leading candidate. Maybe crack....

toetoe
02-21-2006, 03:39 PM
Red Bull? :D

Valuist
02-21-2006, 04:54 PM
Ken-

I think if he does play again, that's exactly where he'd play. Al Davis seems to embrace the outlaws.

GaryG
02-21-2006, 05:06 PM
Matuzsak and Alzado both died prematurely...