PDA

View Full Version : Purge returns tomorrow

Bubbles
07-26-2005, 10:17 AM
He's in an optional claimer at Saratoga, and 7/2 on the morning-line. Remember, this horse won a graded stakes over the track last year, and gets the Pletcher/Velasquez treatment tomorrow. The distance (six and a half furlongs) might be a little short, but 7/2? Not even the morning-line favorite? This might be a rare Pletcher/Johnny V overlay.

Just a quick heads-up. Good luck to those wagering tomorrow at the Spa!

Valuist
07-26-2005, 11:40 AM
I suspect he's going to be lower than 7-2, maybe much lower but I thought he could be susceptible, especially at the low price. He's the "reputation" horse and those last few races are not encouraging at all so he might be a good go-against. Also, on paper its an allowance race but its tougher than quite a few stakes out there.

kenwoodallpromos
07-26-2005, 11:43 AM
Only 1 owner wants to "purge" a horse from the string- all others not to be claimed.
4 at odds between 5-2 and 7-2; the pricemaker has no clue or wants a lot of money wagered on the race. You may be on to something as Purge should be worth more than $100,000!
Does the 6 hole matter?

depalma13
07-26-2005, 04:07 PM
It's opening day. I'm throwing handicapping out out the window and just betting two to win on the two longest shots in every race. $2 x 2 x 10 =$40.

Zaf
07-26-2005, 04:58 PM
I'm sure that this is not the race he's pointing for. If he's bet down big by the crowd, I will look for an overlay.

ZAFONIC

nijoan
07-27-2005, 12:15 AM
Jet Prospector looks to be the speed of the speed in here. This race is 6 1/2 so could that be a 1/2 furlong too far for him? Maybe, maybe not. The key to the race is Spooky Mulder who has the most potential to soften up Jet Prospector. If he engages Jet through wicked fractions I can see an off the pacer win this race. The most likely off the pace winner is Thunder Touch, who was is coming off a 2nd place to Smokume who came right back and won the Tom Fool on a sloppy Belmont race track. Purge could win and I'll have him on my pick 4 but I don't think this is the best spot for him.

keilan
07-27-2005, 01:06 AM
Thunder Touch is very well spotted here and should have some pace to run at. This is an easier field then he has run against of late and he should be no worse than 2nd imo. x's bets 7/4-6 up and down