PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Radio Show

TravisVOX
07-25-2005, 07:07 AM
Hey Everyone --

It's happening! After months of brainstorming, I decided with a few weeks to spare that a radio show from Saratoga over the internet would be a neat and fun idea. And thus far, it has really taken off. I have lots of interesting and fun guests planned for the show, including a few from this board!

Please check out Racerackradio.com (http://www.racetrackradio.com) for all the latest, and be sure to enter the contests where we have lots of neat prizes lined up.

If you know of any sponsors, please let us know too! We have great exposure including an ad in the DRF on Wednesday in the Saratoga PPs, and a week long ad in the Post Parade at the track.

We're very excited and I hope you enjoy the show as much as I've enjoyed putting it together.

Travis

kenwoodallpromos
07-25-2005, 11:50 AM
Got it marked!
(The mayor of Saratoga is a trainer? I'm already hooked!)

Suff
07-25-2005, 12:10 PM
no link to www.paceadvantage.com (http://www.paceadvantage.com) from your site to this site? Seems only fair.

KingChas
07-26-2005, 12:15 AM
Guest(s): Saratoga Mayor and Trainer Mark Hennig

Travis-you gotta change that,looks like Mark Hennig was elected mayor of Saratoga. :D Or was he? :confused:

Will be listening good luck!

TravisVOX
07-26-2005, 07:47 AM
I have a bunch of links I have to put up yet, Suff. Been busy on the backside getting things in order.

KingChas
07-27-2005, 09:57 AM
A hot cup of coffee and "Travis at the track".Great way to start my day.Highly Recommend!-Great show-Congrats Travis :jump:-KC

Doc
07-27-2005, 10:04 AM
Hey Travis, I thought your show was great. I'll be listening daily. I like that Saratoga Special newspaper that's linked on your website, too.

Doc

andicap
07-27-2005, 02:36 PM
Travis,
if you don't mind me asking, how much did that ad cost? If you would rather not answer I understand.

Best of luck and I hope to check in on the show soon. I started out in radio news and it remains my favorite medium.
Doesn't pay crap but you can't beat the intimacy with the audience.
People who hear my telephone message still say it sounds like a radio announcer -- plus I do a mean Walter Cronkite impression. :D

TravisVOX
07-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Thanks all for the kind comments. Today we hit a big bump in the road with the net causing a meltdown of the archive, but if you were listening live, you surely heard some great stuff from Jim Mazur. Back at it tomorrow... its a job, but its a labor of love too.

JimG
07-28-2005, 11:32 PM
Travis,

I listened to your show today and enjoyed. Glad you are archiving them. By chance did you ever listen to a show a few years ago called the Starting Gate by Dave Guetfriend (sp) aka Maven? That was my favorite of all time.

Best of luck and look forward to enjoying your show in the future. Maybe you can give a shout to the PA gang sometime.

Jim

Suff
07-28-2005, 11:43 PM
Minor glitchs. It looks nice. Very nice considering you put it together in what? An hour and a half?..:D When you say your going to do something, you do it. You did it nice to. You have some nice sponsors. I figure you have to be delicate about your content.

Congratulations. Great Job.

laff
07-29-2005, 12:55 AM
I just listened to the show with Jim Mazur. It was really good. I just started with the New York circuit about 6 months ago, and this will really help with some insight to the racing there. Thanks

TravisVOX
07-29-2005, 09:54 PM
If you like the show, spread the word. You don't have to listen in live, not a necessity... the archives are good. I want it to do well and take off, I've have some good things on the horizon... hopefully it continues on a positive trend.

Figman
07-29-2005, 11:30 PM
Travis,
Good job! And you've got a real good voice and presence.

Your show with Seth Merrow was informative. Seth is the fellow you sometimes see on TV on the OTB channel in the Albany-Saratoga area. And the 2nd race triple that Seth had "cold" wasn't bad to take either.

Tom
07-30-2005, 10:32 AM
Two questions:

When is it on live? Maybe I missed it, but I don't see any times listed anywhere.

When I clikc on "Listen Now - We are live" I hear the familiar "download complete" sound, but noting else happens. Is something being put on my competer?

Thanks

cj
07-30-2005, 10:55 AM
Still no PA link? Tsk, tsk...

lurker
07-30-2005, 05:13 PM
Great show!!!

tigers1901
07-31-2005, 12:21 AM
:cool: :ThmbUp:

Very nice show on Saturday.Nice blend with the emphasis on making a profit.Check it out.Also,Support Saratoga Special.

Figman
07-31-2005, 09:45 AM
Dave Schwartz and Bob Selvin on the same Saturday show is top notch quality. Dave's "A-B-C-D-F" method of finding overlays was quite unique.

Turfday
07-31-2005, 06:41 PM
Travis was gracious enough to have me on again. He'll report later on. Stay tuned.

toetoe
07-31-2005, 07:54 PM
Travis,
Can you get the diminutive chap, or the mini-dude, you know, the gent that posts on this board?

Figman
07-31-2005, 10:24 PM
Somewhat surprised there have been no comments on all the winners coming from the Travis at the Track Internet show. Travis is a frequest PA Poster.
The past two days:
CONTINENTAL REINS - $9.40
CONTROL TOWER -2nd beaten a nose at $15.80 TO 1
POSITIVELY WILD - $14.20
SECRET FOREST - $43.20
SQUARE DANCING - $37.40
PREDATORY LENDER - 3rd at $13.20 to 1 (same race as SQUARE DANCING)

keilan
08-01-2005, 12:23 PM
Dave Schwartz and Bob Selvin on the same Saturday show is top notch quality. Dave's "A-B-C-D-F" method of finding overlays was quite unique.

Just finished listening to this segment and it was quite good. Dave gave out some great information for all levels of players on money management and structuring tickets with an emphasis on value.

Bob plays a different game then I do but I was impressed with his angle plays, horses to watch.

Travis -- great show and wish you buckets of success

Turfday
08-01-2005, 01:43 PM
I really learned something from listening to him.