PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck in Saratoga

the little guy
07-24-2005, 02:45 PM
Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I have a suspicion that many of you will agree, I know this is the most exciting week of every year for me. Leaving for Saratoga tomorrow for six weeks of fun and racing. I just wanted to wish everybody good luck and let's keep out fingers crossed that the weather is OK and for at least six weeks we can leave the NYRA troubles behind. Let's hope the racing is half as good as the nightlife.

BillW
07-24-2005, 02:51 PM
Have fun - I've got a month yet here (8/24). Look us up in the tent if you get a chance - I'm sure we'll have a cold beer that we can spare.

Suff
07-24-2005, 03:38 PM
I'll be there Saturday.:jump: The 2005 Saratoga meet will be the last of its kind. Private ownership gaurantees a longer meet, shuffled stakes schedule.

There is talk that Churchill will move the Travers to Kentucky should they get NYRA. Also talk of starting Saratoga in Late June or early July, moving the Travers up and reworking the Triple Crown to Knt'yDerby, Belmont Stakes and Travers. NYRA finds out 8/23/05 if they escape prosecution, under the defered plea deal they signed 2 years ago.
BYOB and food will be done with. NYRA operated for profit, and answerable to stockholders will turn Saratoga into the French Riveria of Thoroughbred meets.

Whoever is the new owner, expect them to crank it up. Slots, Hotels, resorts. This is NY. Big Players, Gladiators like Trump (nj Slots) Harrahs, MGM, CD Corp, Stronach are frothing at the bit to get a hold of this American Jewel.

Being a King is about to get a whole lot more expensive. I might have to settle for Knighthood if I want to keep this up.

BillW
07-24-2005, 03:46 PM
I'll be there Saturday.:jump: The 2005 Saratoga meet will be the last of its kind. Private ownership gaurantees a longer meet, shuffled stakes schedule.

There is talk that Churchill will move the Travers to Kentucky should they get NYRA. Also talk of starting Saratoga in Late June or early July, moving the Travers up and reworking the Triple Crown to Knt'yDerby, Belmont Stakes and Travers. NYRA finds out 8/23/05 if they escape prosecution, under the defered plea deal they signed 2 years ago.
BYOB and food will be done with. NYRA operated for profit, and answerable to stockholders will turn Saratoga into the French Riveria of Thoroughbred meets.

Whoever is the new owner, expect them to crank it up. Slots, Hotels, resorts. This is NY. Big Players, Gladiators like Trump (nj Slots) Harrahs, MGM, CD Corp, Stronach are frothing at the bit to get a hold of this American Jewel.

Being a King is about to get a whole lot more expensive. I might have to settle for Knighthood if I want to keep this up.

Look at the bright side - a sword and armor will probably be of benefit in the mess this would create. :rolleyes:

KingChas
07-24-2005, 04:24 PM
Be up the 15th.Good luck to all P.A. members and guests.
TLG give e'm hell day and night. ;)

Suff-That was to much to digest in one sitting.GL :D

Bubbles
07-24-2005, 05:06 PM

Or NYRA could just escape prosecution, and all your problems are solved. :lol:

NYBred
07-24-2005, 07:36 PM
That's very collegial. Good luck to you, too.

PaceAdvantage
07-25-2005, 12:04 AM
The 2005 Saratoga meet will be the last of its kind. Private ownership gaurantees a longer meet, shuffled stakes schedule.

You're jumping the gun. 12/31/2007 is when the franchise expires. Unless something drastic happens, Saratoga 2006 and Saratoga 2007 should be run by NYRA.

kingfin66
07-25-2005, 01:37 AM
Good luck to you to TLG. I'll be looking for some favorites to "die." It's my dream to someday go to Saratoga and the baseball Hall of Fame. Hopefully, in a few years I can convince my wife to go. If not, then I guess it will just be me :cool:

kenwoodallpromos
07-25-2005, 11:44 AM
I agree that it is exciting! It will be even more exciting when my Saratoga paper testing succeeds!LOL!

Suff
07-25-2005, 11:58 AM
You're jumping the gun. 12/31/2007 is when the franchise expires. Unless something drastic happens, Saratoga 2006 and Saratoga 2007 should be run by NYRA.

I don't envision things shaking out that way at all.

#1 NYRA indicted 8/23/05. The only way out is to go now...an earlier start will be of some benefit to new operator and NYRA will be obligated and incentived out earlier than 2007

#2 NYRA not indicted 8-23-05 and goes 100% into VLT's and for profit ownership structure as approved by the legislatures. Nothing precludes the Govt and NYRA from immediattely restructuring the language of operating structure.

#3 NYRA not indicted 8-23-05 and reach's a deal with State to partner with another major operator and retool immediattely

Either way..... I am convinced...2006 and beyond will be strikingly different from what we have come to know.\

Tom
07-25-2005, 09:25 PM
Whatever happens to NYRA, they own the tracks, right?
So they refuse to sell them.
End of NY racing.
Good hole cards to be holding. They can literally take their ball and go home.