PDA

View Full Version : NYRA new Pick6 Rules

Suff
07-22-2005, 04:09 PM
The new, significant rule change [rule 4011.23] is the "all-win," which goes into effect when the condition of the turf course warrants a change in the racing surface for any leg of the Pick 6 and that change is not known to the public before the closing of the Pick 6 pool. In that event, everyone who has played the Pick 6 has a guaranteed winner for that race.

For example, suppose the Pick 6 races on a certain day are races 4-9, with the
seventh race scheduled for the turf. The Pick 6 wager has to be submitted before race 4. During the course of the afternoon, however, an infamous Saratoga thunderstorm dumps a lot of rain and forces some or all of the remaining scheduled turf races on to the main track.

http://nyra.com/belmont/news.asp?track=B&id=1662

the little guy
07-22-2005, 05:57 PM
It's about time. The only question why it took so long for the State Racing and Wagering Board to pass this.

Suff
07-22-2005, 06:15 PM
not a big pic6 player. 10-12 a year.

Surmising though> Suppose you are an electronic capper and your plays are executed using probabilties and pool distribution?

Do they now take a 66% chance of rain and write an algorithm with weather (all win) probabilties?

toetoe
07-22-2005, 07:06 PM
They often have 3 or 4 races turfers in the sequence.

Pace Cap'n
07-22-2005, 11:31 PM
not a big pic6 player. 10-12 a year.

Surmising though> Suppose you are an electronic capper and your plays are executed using probabilties and pool distribution?

Do they now take a 66% chance of rain and write an algorithm with weather (all win) probabilties?

Would that 66% invoke the "Monty Hall" factor?

Suff
07-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Would that 66% invoke the "Monty Hall" factor?

I'm from the Archie Bunker school of figuring.

I stopped on a Honeymooners episode where Laredo Mushroom company announced 5 cans of a 2 million can shipment were Poisioned. Archie ate a can and edith wanted him to go to the hospital.

Archie sush'd off Edith by saying , The odds of me eating that can gotta be at least 100-1.

kenwoodallpromos
07-23-2005, 07:30 AM
Anyway, I am not about to start researching meteorology extensively to bet races, but this thread may develop into interesting reading!
I suppose there will be room for griping about whether or not the race should have been taken off the turf, especially if the 5th and/or 6th leg and a delay is made in getting a race off. If a jockey or trainers has 4 legs won already, can they stall on the 5th to try to get the 6th taken off turf if the storm is rolling in? Like maybe calling for tha van when not needed? I know the team ahead in baseball will often stall after the 5th inning so rain will stop play and their team will win.

toetoe
07-24-2005, 01:50 AM
KEN,

Did you hear the one about the baseball mgr. as darkness was falling? His team led by a run, I think, and two were out with one on. Two strikes on the batter. He went to the mound and told the pitcher and catcher of his plan. The pitcher was to go through the motions of a pitch without throwing it, and the catcher was to pop the mitt with his hand (presumably, the batter would swing -- I forget how that plot twist was dealt with) and the ump would call strike three. Okay, anyway, the batter swings as HIS manager bashes the dugout step with a bat. The batter trots around the bases and his team wins, and I never won a contest that required 25 words or fewer.

PaceAdvantage
07-24-2005, 01:56 AM
A prime example of a thread taken way off topic in just a few posts!