PDA

View Full Version : RD kicks out leading rider

Valuist
07-20-2005, 12:32 PM
No explanation or anything. This is a bit too "Big Brother" for me.

http://www.drf.com/news/article/66923.html

KingChas
07-20-2005, 12:45 PM
"Freedom of Speech" these days only applys when your talking to yourself. :cool:

BillW
07-20-2005, 12:52 PM
"Freedom of Speech" these days only applys when your talking to yourself. :cool:

How did the gov't get involved in this? I thought it was between Prescott and RD?

KingChas
07-20-2005, 12:57 PM
How did the gov't get involved in this? I thought it was between Prescott and RD?

"Prescott has been openly critical of the condition of River's racing surface, and said on Monday that his criticism of the track may have been behind the expulsion. Englehardt would not comment on whether Prescott's criticism was a factor, but he took issue with Prescott's contention that River Downs had not attempted to fix the track"

Bill do I need to answer?-KC

BillW
07-20-2005, 01:02 PM
"Prescott has been openly critical of the condition of River's racing surface, and said on Monday that his criticism of the track may have been behind the expulsion. Englehardt would not comment on whether Prescott's criticism was a factor, but he took issue with Prescott's contention that River Downs had not attempted to fix the track"

Bill do I need to answer?-KC

The reason I asked was that I was not totally familiar with the story and the only freedom of speech laws (consitiutional restriction) we have are regarding the gov't restricting citizens speech. I still don't see that. If you are saying that it is illegal for RD to restrict speech that is not the case.

KingChas
07-20-2005, 01:10 PM
What I'm saying is if you critisize your employer you can be fired!
So you must be politically correct everywhere you are nowadays.I'm not talking about a racial slur or vulgar comment.I'm talking if you voice(disagree with)your opinion with anyone higher up than you your done.So the truth does hurt, but only the person stating it.

"and the only freedom of speech laws (consitiutional restriction) we have are regarding the gov't restricting citizens speech"

Suff
07-20-2005, 01:15 PM
A single individual owns RD. A guy by the name of Jack Hinnessian (sp) . Supposedly he's a ( s.o.b.)tough armenian with -0- tolerance for this kind of stuff.

BillW
07-20-2005, 01:21 PM
A single individual owns RD. A guy by the name of Jack Hinnessian (sp) . Supposedly he's a ( s.o.b.)tough armenian with -0- tolerance for this kind of stuff.

If what is published is the whole story, he does sound like a real sweetheart. :rolleyes:

cj
07-20-2005, 01:23 PM
I've found a little of the story with some digging. Apparently, he threatened the riders who rode the card in question with violence among other things, which is allegedly the main reason for the banning.

JustRalph
07-20-2005, 01:55 PM
There is a serious good old boys club down in that area. Some of the same guys who are involved in the tracks around Cincy-Northern Ky. are also involved in the Kentucky Speedway debacle. There are some seriously ruthless rich guys who are not in a good mood right now...............I had a meeting with a client from that area yesterday and there are Lawyers running all over Northern Kentucky threatening to file lawsuits against (according to my client) anybody who "doesn't live up to a contract" which seems to be the theme of the day in that area.............

Skanoochies
07-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Take him to court and sue him for wrongful dismissal. :lol: