PDA

View Full Version : Myway of betting

tonto1944
07-19-2005, 08:16 AM
I love horse racing,Ihave been betting since I was 16,I was very tall and shaved at that age so I could get into the track no problem. I would save my money from working and on Satueday I would go to Kingshighway in Brooklyn and get the bus to either Aquaduct or Belmont. Back then there were no exotic's just win and pl and show and the DD.
Now there is everything in every race , exactas,tri's P3 and P4 and P6 and Super's.
Me I like exactas and triples I pick the horse I feel will win and 2 or 3 that have a shot and are good odds. Sometimes there are 3 and sometimes there are 4 horses I like so I box. Besides exactas and tri's I play P3's and P4's. Never P6 that's a sucker bet . I will bet a super if I can key 1 or 2 horses first or second. I never box a super.If I can't key then forget it.
I bet according to how I do in the first 3 races. If I win and am ahead then I will wheel all my P3's and P4's. If I am not doing well I will play a few so I don't get killed at the end of the day. I either watch the races on my computor or go to the track or out to long Island to an OTB. Never go to a NYC Otb they are rat holes. But most of the time I bet online and watch online.
Saturday I was there and had a great day btu I hate cashing big tickets because you never know who is watching . I have heared some horror stories about people winning big and getting robbed when they went home in the parking lot. So most of the time I bet at home. And if you think I am telling tales you are wrong.
A gentleman I know was at Aquaduct one day and hit some big races after the 7th race he went home , but during the time he was there he happened to get a lot of $1 bills about 50 or 60 of the so he put them in a seperate pocket . When he got to his car 2 guys came behind him put something in his back and said we know you won big so hand it over. He put his hand in his pocket with the singles and they took it and ran, he got in his car and flew outa there with 1600 still in his pocket.
So when I go I always do the samething in case ,it has never happened but I usually leave after the 7 also I bet the 8th and 9th and leave and if I win I go back with my betting money. In 45 yrs of going to the track I think I have stayed for the 9th race maybe 10 times. If you stay around it will take forever to get out of the parking lot.

joeyspicks
07-19-2005, 09:17 AM
:lol:

OVER

tonto1944
07-19-2005, 10:01 AM
:lol:

OVER

I know sometimes I get off track and go on and on sorry,but don't read what I post. Sad Sad Sad.
One thing I would never do is offend what someone post on the board I have more respect for people, that's the way I was brought up.

toetoe
07-19-2005, 02:00 PM
Tonto,
Good tip for exiting track. One query: do you keep records? As a slowly improving loser, I say with confidence that you must keep records. If you don't know where you are at all times, you'll soon be toast.

joeyspicks
07-19-2005, 05:28 PM
hey Tonto

I just really didnt understand the purpose of the post.....thats all. I have been going to one track or another for maybe 25 years and have never had a problem. I'm pretty low key....you cannot tell if Im winning or losing (although i did have a few heavy loud cheering years:D ). I know this stuff happens though. Was your post just a warning ? Some posts are confusing and my primary interest is to improve my handicapping and profitability...... but I do like a good laugh ..........and I kinda thought you were putting us on. Sorry for the misunderstanding.