PDA

View Full Version : Lower 48 states roadtrip

Trijack
07-18-2005, 10:27 AM
Joey got started yesterday after a 4 hour delay. Check out his comments at http://www.kinless.com/roadtrip.asp. Very funny.

Jack

Suff
07-18-2005, 10:44 AM
Multiple cars will be a pain in the neck the whole way.

Bobby
07-18-2005, 11:03 AM
yes, not to be negative or anything. But I predict Knight Ridder turns around. Makes no sense to take an old car like that around 48 states unless space issues. Looks like nice van though.

Red Knave
07-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Sounds like a hoot.
He'll be talking about this trip when he's our age Jack.

Trijack
07-18-2005, 03:42 PM
Thanks for all the comments. As one gets our age that is all he can remember is his younger days, can't remember what happened yesterday though.

Jack

BillW
07-18-2005, 04:01 PM
Jack,

Sounds like a great trip. If they need anything coming thru Houston, let me know.

Bill

Trijack
07-18-2005, 07:28 PM
Bill

Thanks will let Joey Know.

Jack

Suff
08-10-2005, 04:02 PM
I earned myself an honorable mention on the trip.
Out the door we were by 11:30 am. Boston was a quick 20 miles north and we got there pretty quickly.
Luckily one of my dad's buddies Mike "Suff" Dudley is a pure Bostonian, and gave me a jingle to fill me in on the inside scoop of what to see. Out of all the choices, I decided we had time to check out the Freedom Trail. It's a red brick laden trail leading you through the heart of the city with many historical landmarks and information. You know, the kind that you didn't give a flying fire truck about in high school, but you can appreciate more when you're older. We started at the Boston Common, which is a big park with monuments and a frog wading pool. Through the city we walked, seeing stuff like Paul Revere's house, churches and burial sites hundreds of years old, and some old ships, including the USS Constitution. Thanks to "Suff" for the scoop.

He also mentioned a fabulous place to eat in South Boston called... well it's not called anything. Everyone calls it the No Name Restaurant. Original. They had some great dishes. I had their fried calamari. (Yes, that is squid.

He was just zipping by,(6 hour stop over) and I was tied up. From a remote location I guided him in and out of town like a seeing eye dog;)

As you can see from the sign....we like to keep the outsiders confused.

he's rounding for home if you want to get an update
http://www.kinless.com/roadtrip.asp

Trijack
08-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Only 2 states to go. Reading his blog every day has been great. I did not know Joey could write funny tales about something.

Mike

Sounded like you were a big help in Boston. It was just too bad he did not get to me the KING.

Jack

Suff
08-10-2005, 06:25 PM
Only 2 states to go. Reading his blog every day has been great. I did not know Joey could write funny tales about something.

Mike

Sounded like you were a big help in Boston. It was just too bad he did not get to me the KING.

Jack

I did what I could for him after getting tuned up opening weekend.
I had lint in both pockets and owed work a hard 10 that day. The bigger crime was that he made it to Albany NY and did'nt go the extra 45 minutes to see Saratoga.

Trijack
08-13-2005, 08:53 AM
Looks like trio had their first blowup as they near home.
Check it out.
http://www.kinless.com/roadtrip.asp