PDA

View Full Version : python/java/visual basic applications?

traynor
07-16-2005, 05:25 PM
Does anyone have a Python, Java, or Visual Basic .NET application that calculates speed/pace/class ratings they would be willing to share (for private use), or has anyone been working on his or her own application that they need help on? I have a Visual Basic .NET application that calculates all the "normal" pace and class ratings, along with a number of special factors, but I am no longer interested in developing it in that language. If anyone has a Java or Python app, and would be willing to share the sourcecode, it would save me a lot of time and effort and be appreciated accordingly.

Similarly, if anyone is developing a Visual Basic .NET app, I have a LOT of the preliminary work done (user interface, display, calculations, etc.) and would be willing to share what I have, or work to complete it with someone else willing to help with the coding. I don't have time to do the translation to Java or Python, and think I could complete it faster by starting over.

Also, has anyone tried coding any of the old Phillips Racing Newsletter spot plays in any OOP language? Any succes over time? Many of the "angles" seemed to generate good results short term, and it would be interesting to test them over a longer run. The apps I have seen seem to lump various "factors" together to generate "ratings" so at least one predicts the winner of every race. I am more interested in betting than dazzling historical evidence; I can tell more from the size of my bankroll than the printout of a "regression analysis" of races I didn't bet on.
Thanks
traynor