PDA

View Full Version : Check this out - this is why our soldiers are the best!

lsbets
07-16-2005, 09:46 AM
http://treyjackson.typepad.com/junction/2005/07/no_coveraage_of.html

Watch the video on the link. Here's the short version:

Soldier gets shot in the chest by a sniper. Soldier gets up and runs for cover because his body armor stopped the bullet. Fireteam suppresses sniper, wounds him, and captures him. The medic provides first aid to save the life of the enemy sniper. The medic is the same soldier who the sniper just tried to kill!

ljb
07-16-2005, 10:35 AM
lsbets,
Another reason I am proud to be an American. Thanks for the post.

Suff
07-16-2005, 11:04 AM
Video was so compelling I watched it 3 times. You can hear these freak-a-zoids start praying immediattely after pulling the trigger. F'ng savages.

Soldiers instincts and training were in evidence. Right after getting popped, he jumps up in firing posistion, scans the sight line for targets, moves to cover smartly , and takes out the enemy.

Meanwhile, these fruitcakes are wondering wtf happened. They hit the Soldier with a Death Blow, 15 seconds later, they're bleeding like stuck pigs, and off to Abu Garib. Torture these two, I'll pretend I'm not looking.

PaceAdvantage
07-18-2005, 12:52 AM
Did I click on the wrong version of the video? Mine is only 30 seconds long....you see the soldier get hit, get up, and take cover....then it ends....did you guys actually get to see some more of the aftermath?

BIG RED
07-18-2005, 01:04 AM
Where do you click on ??

BIG RED
07-18-2005, 01:22 AM
Found it. Got the short version I guess, and still hit a nerve.

lsbets
07-18-2005, 08:11 AM
That's all the video shows is the insurgents shooting him. The rest comes from the reports of what happenned.

ljb
07-18-2005, 09:42 AM
This story is on CNN this morning, has his folks talking about it.

lsbets
07-20-2005, 11:25 PM
Now this is awesome. This link has the e-mail he sent to Point Blank, the makers of the SAPI plates, and pictures of the plate and his bruise.

http://gojackarmy.blogspot.com/2005/07/plate-and-bruise-body-armor-works.html