PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Internet Radio Show

TravisVOX
07-15-2005, 03:43 PM
I am getting geared up for Saratoga this year, and am entertaining the idea of doing a live internet radio show from the Spa. You could listen live, maybe call in, or, you can listen to archived shows. The show would probably run for an hour... but I want to make sure there is interest.

The DRF Ciro's seminar starts at 10:50, AM SARATOGA runs from 9:00 onward...

I hope to have guests and others on the program...

Please answer the poll to let me know what your thoughts are...

Tom
07-15-2005, 11:31 PM
Good luck - hope you pull it off.
Would be nice to listen in.
I used to listen to Siro's broadcast over DRF, but they have such a hard time broadcasting the show, I finally gave up and never went back. Whatever you do, don't hire any ex-DRF techs for your show!:D

BIG RED
07-16-2005, 03:58 AM
I voted 8-9am, gives me a break and have another coffee. Yes, I would tune in.

John
07-16-2005, 10:45 AM
I exercise every morning at home between 9 - 10. It would be great to hear a talk show on horse racing. Better than listening to music or the horrible news..... :) ....

Suff
07-16-2005, 10:50 AM
What is the idea....what are you going to say or do?

Who and how do you envision as guests?

What will the bulk of the 60 minutes be filled with?

kenwoodallpromos
07-16-2005, 11:17 AM
I listen to a local Saturday morning show and am getting bored with guests who are pushing a new book or their horse column. The guest handicappers have no imagination and just say "My 2 picks for this race won 2 of 3 and likes the track".
I would rather hear a backside worker's stories about stable activities or just grab a customer and ask why they bet the way they do.
Or walk through the total pp's yourself and talk about each factor.

TravisVOX
07-16-2005, 05:46 PM
Suff - The plan right now is for 60 minutes... but we might yank it to 30 early on. Through the Saratoga Special newspaper, I have access to all sorts of potential guests. It won't be a BS show, nor a handicapping hour but all different sorts of racing.

I'll have a website up hopefully tomorrow detailing the show...

the little guy
07-16-2005, 08:42 PM
If you want me to go on some morning just let me know. Catch me at Siro's some morning if you're interested.

Hopefully, you won't be that desperate.

Tom
07-17-2005, 09:24 PM
You should interview the Toga tent...hehehe.....they'll give you 60 minutes of material!;)

John
07-18-2005, 08:23 AM
Good idea Tom, last year SUFF, was on TVG. Suff, interview was all about Our anual Paceadvantage Saratoga party. Suff, gave a good interview.

levinmpa
07-19-2005, 04:57 PM
I'm not interested in just Saratogo. I listen to Racedaylasvegas everyday. It's streamed daily on www.kshp1400.com at 12:05PM - 1:00PM ET M-F and 11:05 AM - 12:00 PM Saturday and Sunday. Great conversation and good handicappers. John Lindo gives out a selection everyday for So. Calif. and has shown a profit every month since I've been listening. Jerry Jacovitz handicaps NY and So. Cal and has had success as well.There is also a Raceday Wrap Up show on the same site Wed - Sun at 9:00PM ET. It's great radio in my opinion.

Suff
07-19-2005, 07:44 PM
levinmpa

I'm not interested in just Saratogo. I listen to Racedaylasvegas everyday. It's streamed daily on www.kshp1400.com (http://www.kshp1400.com/) at 12:05PM - 1:00PM ET M-F and 11:05 AM - 12:00 PM Saturday and Sunday. Great conversation and good handicappers. John Lindo gives out a selection everyday for So. Calif. and has shown a profit every month since I've been listening. Jerry Jacovitz handicaps NY and So. Cal and has had success as well.There is also a Raceday Wrap Up show on the same site Wed - Sun at 9:00PM ET. It's great radio in my opinion.

Sounds like great radio to me too. Although, I used to listen to 30MTP Radio in NY Via WEB. Small Station out on Long Island. Being a Mainly NYRA player I prefered when they focused on New York. When they'd spend long periods discussing the other circuits they became a 2nd source of opinion that I already could get on any number of WWW sites.

was on TVG. Suff,

A little back ground on that TVG interview. It was not that we made news. We didn't. Just Ralph has the number to the Bat-Phone inside TVG. He's got some friends in there. Like imbedded journalist's sort of...:cool:

Maybe it was a little noise because it was 3 years ago and was a teenie bit novel at the time. But the interview was really only done because JustRalph mentioned it to TVG and they bit. The whole thing took 2 hours. I heard about...from Ralph, and I tracked down PA at Work and he said for me to do it. It was fun and I have the screen shot for shits and giggles. Electronic Scrap book.