PDA

View Full Version : More funny comment lines....

OTM Al
07-13-2005, 03:14 PM
Couldn't find the old thread to resurect, but figured this was worth a new one anyway....I take you to the 5th Race at Delaware, July 12th...

I Love the Organ: stalked pace, bid 3 wide 1/4 pole, drew clear, fully extended

So maybe i'm a little twisted, but that one made me laugh

Doc
07-13-2005, 05:00 PM
That's a great past performance comment!

Funny, when I saw his name in the Form, I never once thought that it referred to the musical instrument. Maybe I've just got a dirty mind.

Doc

CryingForTheHorses
07-13-2005, 05:39 PM
Back in the 70's, There used to be a small bar on US1 in Hallandale Fl called The Red Lion, Outside the bar was a sign that said.."Come in and watch Mary play with her beautiful Organ "..Being a kid at the time, I walked thu the door and low and behold there was Mary playing the organ by the bar...Talk about being a freak!

toetoe
07-13-2005, 09:14 PM
One Final ex-TENSION! ... tremendous machine, etc.

OTM Al
07-13-2005, 09:25 PM
I thought about posting the second place finisher's comment as well, and as I look at it again, it is a must

Vroom Hilda: middle move, angled out 4 wide, loomed boldly, hung

As the great Bill Hicks used to say, there's nothing like a purple vein d$%^ joke to get some laughs.......

toetoe
07-13-2005, 09:59 PM
"Hung like a mare" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Valuist
07-13-2005, 10:48 PM
During the Oaklawn meet, Matt Carruthers was on TVG and came on and said "I Love the Organ is a swami bet for me because as everyone knows, I love the organ." I was on the ground laughing and Carruthers was totally straight faced throughout. His sidekick appeared to be struggling to keep from laughing.

OTM Al
07-24-2005, 05:53 PM
Oh lord she ran again.....Mth 7/23

I Love the Organ: firmly rated pace inside,steady stretch handling

Overlay
07-24-2005, 06:05 PM
Sounds like the chart callers are in on the joke by now (if their comments weren't deliberate to begin with). (I wonder if they frequent PA. ;) )

By the way, what is I Love the Organ's breeding? (I'm just curious as to where the name actually came from.)

Achilles
07-24-2005, 06:31 PM
By Flying Chevron out of Nite of Fun

A lot of breeding info can be found at www.pedigreequery.com (http://www.pedigreequery.com)

Overlay
07-24-2005, 06:46 PM
By Flying Chevron out of Nite of Fun

A lot of breeding info can be found at www.pedigreequery.com (http://www.pedigreequery.com)

Many thanks for that link. Looks like a lot of useful information (although I didn't see any obvious clues on the name, unless Nite of Fun somehow figures in).

Achilles
07-24-2005, 08:30 PM
Go to that same site and search Bed Pan :D . The horse ran at Monmouth Park some years ago, and I haven't laughed so hard over a name since I saw that name and breeding in the PP's .