PDA

View Full Version : Roadtrip: The Lower 48 States in 30 Days

Trijack
07-12-2005, 11:02 PM
My son Joey and 2 of his friends are going on a roadtrip starting next week. They'll be gone the next month covering all 48 states totaling 11,000 miles, including a lot of small towns, big cities, and many points of interest. If you want to follow along where they go, you can visit his website which shows his route through all the states:

http://www.kinless.com/roadtrip.asp

It also has a daily blog and pictures where they've been. It's not too late to give any advice for them on what to see, especially on the eastern seaboard. Washington DC and New York are covered, but other places like Philly and Boston they're not sure what they'll be doing yet.

Jack

kenwoodallpromos
07-13-2005, 01:37 AM
I marked the site and will check in!
Washington + Lincoln monuments at night; Historical Boston, and Phila, including the USS Constitution and Ben Franklin Museum.
Highway 1 in Ca; A big NASCAR race.

Trijack
07-13-2005, 12:54 PM
Ken

Thanks for the info.

Jack

Bobby
07-13-2005, 01:17 PM
Yes, your son is right - the place to be sure and go to is New Orleans. Some of my wilder days were in NO. Gotten drunk & lost on Bourbon. You Don't want to veer to far off Bourbon. Trust me. Its a blast though. good boos and good food. Crawfish out of season, so that's a bummer. Anyway, Nice place to VISIT.

Trijack
07-13-2005, 05:22 PM
Bobby

Good to hear you have been to New Orleans. Never been there but maybe someday I will get to go.

Jack

Suff
07-13-2005, 05:50 PM
My son Joey and 2 of his friends are going on a roadtrip starting next week.
http://www.kinless.com/roadtrip.asp

Jack

Thats one helluva web site. I'm green with envy about the trip to! Wow. Once in a lifetime , priceless memories.

I did get one chuckle about his Newark NJ comments.

According to the road map, this place looks pretty populated.

One suggestion I would make is don't stop, walk or even slow down in that section of the the NJ. I've been to Newark frequently. It makes Fallujauh look like a state park.

Great looking plan, well thought out and I'll be following along. About when will they be in New England? I see they are going to be in Albany also....when?

Trijack
07-13-2005, 09:50 PM
Suff

He will probable be in your area around July 29 & 30. Albany July 31 or Aug 1.
Glad to hear you liked his web site. He will be updating the map from his cell phone as they travel.

kingfin66
07-13-2005, 10:16 PM
State of Washington - Mt. Rainier is spectacular. We have many excellent wineries in the eastern part of the state. Seattle, has an awesome waterfront, the historic Pike Place Market and Pioneer Square. We have two mountain ranges - one to the west, and one to the east - that are fairly close to the city. Sounds like a fun trip.

Trijack
07-13-2005, 11:40 PM
Kingfin

Thanks for sharing the places to see in Washington. I am printing all these places for my son to check out.

jack

kingfin66
07-14-2005, 12:28 AM
Kingfin

Thanks for sharing the places to see in Washington. I am printing all these places for my son to check out.

jack

You're welcome Jack. I almost forgot the best Seattle icon, The Space Needle.

Zaf
07-14-2005, 01:06 AM
Awesome Web Site Jack !!! Very Cool. See you in Saratoga !

ZAFONIC

betchatoo
07-14-2005, 07:14 AM
There are so many places in Chicago to recommend I could type forever. If he has time tell him to go to the 96th floor of the Hancock building for a drink. He will have an incredible view of the entire city. Also, in New Orleans, I suggest a club called The Funky Pirate. There is a blues singer there, Big AL Carson, who will knock his socks off.

Trijack
07-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Zafonic

Thanks for the kind words about his web site. It should be great after all that is what he does at work plus he builds web sites on the side for others. It will be good to see you again in Saratoga.

Bet

Thanks for the Chicago & New Orleans recommendations.

jack

Bobby
07-14-2005, 03:22 PM
Newark NJ

---
I went there one time. Actually, new bergen I think. Its all right there. Anyway, they were having the Puerto Rican national holiday parade o/s our hotel. Somebody got stabbed.

New Orleans
------

Everyone likes Pat Obriens. Its ok. I don't particualry care that much for it. Cafe Dumond is nice for a donut. But there's so many places to go. LOTS of STRIP CLUBS. I got a lap dance one time for like $10. One of those 17 yr old fantasies. Girl wasn't to shabby. Not a platinum thats for sure but didn't come across as being a flaming hooker either. I forgot about the music - how can one forget that in New ORleans - JAzZ.

PaceAdvantage
07-15-2005, 01:02 AM
Website is very cool!