PDA

View Full Version : Equidaily comment

Suff
07-12-2005, 09:08 PM
I Check in on Equidaily 1-2 times a day? Miss a day here and there. Miss an odd week now and then.

Have you noticed how much face time he has been giving the Crist July 1 Column?

NYRA overhaul?
It could happen
By STEVEN CRIST
I get the impression Mr Equridaily is trying to say something.
http://www.drf.com/drfNewsArticle.do?NID=66383&subs=0&arc=1

Link is free I think? Or just from equidaily? www.equidaily.com (http://www.equidaily.com/)

He's had it above the fold two or three times in two weeks, and dropped it into the NYRA section today. He's giving it more facetime than he gave TJ Siemers..:D

Dancer's Image
07-12-2005, 10:07 PM
Thanks Suff....what a great site, this Equidaily.com....I will bookmark it.

Suff
07-12-2005, 10:52 PM
Thanks Suff....what a great site, this Equidaily.com....I will bookmark it.

Have'nt you crawled up my ass enough to have the decorum to not go thanking me for shit? You my buddy now?:lol: Seriously, and not because you crawled up my ass twice, but the go around you had with PA put a bad taste in my mouth for you.

toetoe
07-12-2005, 11:02 PM
Suff,
If I were up there, you wouldn't sh*t me, would you?

Hosshead
07-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Hey Suff. Also on that equidaily link you provided, is an article on the N. Ca. Fair. - All time high of 38.2 million wagered on live racing at Pleasanton.
They lowered the admission to $2 on Mon/Tue and got 60% more attendance!
Who knows how much more that 60% wagered.

Macdiarmadillo
07-13-2005, 03:27 AM
Well, no racing at the NorCal fairs on Tuesdays, but it could only help. It's like 8-9 bucks for admission, 8 bucks for parking at Pleasanton. :eek:

I think what helped was the conscious effort by the fairs to get field size up and they cut a couple stakes to do it. TOC was NOT happy, saying that big races made publicity. There was one day at Pleasanton where they had an average of ten+ per race, a rarity now. Gimme decent-sized fields!

Cutting back to the chase, yeah, there are certain things that Equidaily likes to keep in front. Crist doesn't count in the scheme of things though, it's what Albany feels like doing at the moment. The situation is summed up by Crist's own words from the article:
"Trying to predict how it will all turn out at this point is a little like making a Kentucky Derby futures bet tomorrow - on the 2007 Derby."

garyoz
07-13-2005, 08:47 AM
it's what Albany feels like doing at the moment.

More to the point, it is what Albany is being bribed to do. Spitzer's over the top inquisition of NYRA was all tied to finding a way to rationalize the sale of the NYRA franchise to a new entity. The whole bunch is despicable, doesn't matter what party they belong to.

Will be interesting to see how they handle selling the Regional OTB's. They are a cesspool of political patronage.

Dancer's Image
07-13-2005, 12:40 PM
Have'nt you crawled up my ass enough to have the decorum to not go thanking me for shit? You my buddy now?:lol: Seriously, and not because you crawled up my ass twice, but the go around you had with PA put a bad taste in my mouth for you.

Suff,
You're a pretty classless guy; I have no desire to be your buddy. I am more than willing to abstain from thanking you or acknowledging you positively in any way in the future though at your request. I do promise to "crawl up your ass" anytime I disagree with you in the future though. LOL at the idea that I would actually want to be your buddy! You have a serious problem with self-esteem, ie. you need to lower your estimation of your self. FUVM