PDA

View Full Version : Fort Erie

cakes
07-12-2005, 05:30 PM
10th my cousin told me to play 8/1,2,8 and 1,2,6/8 and bx triple still have 4 min.

Suff
07-12-2005, 05:45 PM
10th my cousin told me to play 8/1,2,8 and 1,2,6/8 and bx triple still have 4 min.

3-5-7. You win $10.00 for using 4 horse's and not getting at least one on the ticket. Frustrating. I've been on a Nationwide boycott of Fort Erie because they call thier Trifecta's.....Triactors.

I want someone at Ft Erie to explain to me the hows and whys of calling thier trifecta's... Triactors! Triactor.:(

Exacta.....does not become Triactor.

While I'm on the subject.. New Yawkers need to stop calling Trifectas "the triple" Two races in a row is called a DOUBLE. Common sense that three in a row would be a TRIPLE...(pic 3). But how NY decided to call Trifecta's---Triples,.... I will never know.

I would like both practices stopped immediattely.

Zaf
07-12-2005, 06:14 PM
You should Boycott their Triactors, I'm sure the takeout is at least 30 % :eek:

ZAFONIC

Skanoochies
07-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Suff, exacta.....does not become triactor.

Why should it become trifecta? How about exacta to triacta. :D :confused: :D

46zilzal
07-12-2005, 07:13 PM
Least there USED TO BE A DEFINITIVE ONE before they re-surfaced it (Over the Winter...first time in TWENTY YEARS) . Now one has to be more dutiful to see the "order within chaos" re-appear as it always will.

RXB
07-12-2005, 07:36 PM
I want someone at Ft Erie to explain to me the hows and whys of calling thier trifecta's... Triactors! Triactor.:(

Exacta.....does not become Triactor.

But 'exactor' does become 'triactor.' You're simply not prepared for our superior Canadian vocabulary.

At Hastings Park, they tried one year to change everything to 'exacta' and 'trifecta' to appease the Yankee simulcast hordes. But the locals complained. So it's exactors and triactors. But you can still bet a 'superfecta' in Canada, Suff.

Suff
07-12-2005, 07:58 PM
But 'exactor' does become 'triactor.' You're simply not prepared for our superior Canadian vocabulary.

At Hastings Park, they tried one year to change everything to 'exacta' and 'trifecta' to appease the Yankee simulcast hordes. But the locals complained. So it's exactors and triactors. But you can still bet a 'superfecta' in Canada, Suff.

:) When a bettor correctly selects the first and second place finishers , it is called a perfecta. No takey exacta's at Suffolk downs. No takey triactors , or soap opera tri-actors either.

Olden days, Tracks took W, P , S and gimmicks at different windows. Win windows, place windows...and so on. My first hearing of exacta did'nt come until I first saw NY racing. I prefer exacta. Perfecta brings back good memories, and is unique to New England Racing (i think)

Regarding the NY crowd calling the Trifecta..."the triple". This is an odd one, because they report the results using Trifecta. Durkin says Trifecta, Signal says trifecta, NYRA WWW site says trifecta, they bet it as a trifecta.....But when they talk to flatlanders they call it the TRIPLE. They do it on purpose just to annoy us.

It is especialy prevalent around The Capitial city area. You could hit one of them with a baseball bat and they won't say trifecta!:lol:

tonto1944
07-12-2005, 07:59 PM
They use that at all Canadian Tracks

Red Knave
07-12-2005, 08:06 PM
You could hit one of them with a baseball bat and they won't say trifecta!Maybe not, but it would still be a good idea. ;)

And it's triactor! :D

Suff
07-12-2005, 08:07 PM
They use that at all Canadian Tracks

Commie bastards!

Red Knave
07-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Commie bastards!You say that like it's a Bad Thing!

RXB
07-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Perfecta brings back good memories, and is unique to New England Racing (i think)

I think Gulfstream calls it 'perfecta.' Maybe Hawthorne, too. I can't remember for sure.

Regarding the NY crowd calling the Trifecta..."the triple". This is an odd one, because they report the results using Trifecta. Durkin says Trifecta, Signal says trifecta, NYRA WWW site says trifecta, they bet it as a trifecta.....But when they talk to flatlanders they call it the TRIPLE. They do it on purpose just to annoy us.

It is especialy prevalent around The Capitial city area. You could hit one of them with a baseball bat and they won't say trifecta!:lol:

Capital City, as in Albany? Isn't that Tom's area? You could try your 'baseball bat' theory on him. :D

THUD!

"Triple."

"See? I told you so!"

"Bring me a banana, a head bandage and a Labatt."

Achilles
07-12-2005, 09:40 PM
but in the U.K. an exacta and quinella are called a forecast and a dual forecast. When they pronounce dual, it comes out kind of like djewel!!! If our Canadian friends are commies, where does that place the Brits in your political spectrum?:cool: