PDA

View Full Version : Workout Reports

highnote
07-11-2005, 10:18 PM
Anyone use commercially available Workout Reports?

I've seen them for sale on BRIS and Trackmaster.

Thoughts?

Turfday
07-12-2005, 01:49 AM
Private message me if you're interested. I don't want this to be construed as spam.

PaceAdvantage
07-12-2005, 01:59 AM
Turfday, the man asked if anyone USES commercial workout reports, not if anyone SELLS them.

Swetyejohn states that he has seen them for sale on Trackmaster, where YOURS are sold....that's why I erased your first reply (which proudly proclaimed that yours was for sale on Trackmaster), but you didn't get the message...

Now I have to spell it out again in public, a situation I was trying to avoid by simply deleting your initial reply. I thought you would get the hint....

Now, lets move out of the way and see if anyone (preferably someone with more than 5 posts) can actually answer swetyejohn's inquiry.....

cj
07-12-2005, 02:47 AM
I know that Barry Meadow subscribes to a few, he mentions them in his newsletters. However, he only plays California races. I'm not sure they would have the same value at other circuits.

Macdiarmadillo
07-12-2005, 06:13 AM
I used to spend the money for Today's Racing Digest specifically for Bruno de Julio's workout analysis. S. California, basically. Multiple work comments would be accumulated for horses running that day. Splits are provided for some works. Good to hear strong qualitative info, he doesn't rave about many horses and is also ready to say "nothing special" about a work. The comments do not cover every horse.

I had trouble finding TRD off-track and pretty much gave up on much of California racing anyway. I now find that TRD is online nowadays and has a free sample of the workout reports available there, if you're curious.

highnote
07-13-2005, 11:17 AM
Based on the responses -- or lack of reponses -- commercial workout reports appear not to be used by many handicappers.

I wonder if it is because:

a. They're too expensive -- my experience is that handicappers don't like to spend too much money on these types of things.
b. Not widely known about
c. They don't add value
d. a,b or c are incorrect
e. some other reason