PDA

View Full Version : Harness

tonto1944
07-11-2005, 09:19 AM
Harness racing is wonderful to watch. I mainly bet thoroughbreds , about 90% of the time. I do bet the big races at the harness tracks. A very good friend of mine is in the harness racing business,he owns some harness horses. He owns Pacers. He tells me try never to bet a trotter because they are very unpridictable, you never know when they are gonna break. He also told me that the milk shake started in the Olympics weight lifting. It then went to the harness industry. They use it quite often there. I never asked him if it was legale, and I never heard any complaints about it either or anyine being suspended. He also told me to watch the Qualifiers espcially, for 2 reasons.1- If a top driver rides him to qualify and comes back in a race the horse may be live.2- They usually will stay 2-3 seconds slower than they can run when they qualify.
He also told me to watch at the Meadows for Dave Palone. If he qualifies a horse very slow time and comes back in a race in a couple of days and sticks with him or her to bet it no matter what post.
Also he said you have to see who is related to who at any particular track and who are best friends,because they will try to contorl the race. So I keep my eyes on certain track and if I see someting I like happening I will bet , if not I stay away. I only look in the evenings because my daytime is devoted to the Throughbreds.

PaceAdvantage
07-11-2005, 10:16 AM
In case you didn't know, there is a section of this board devoted to harness racing....

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41

tonto1944
07-11-2005, 11:06 AM
Sorry saw General discussion thought it was for everything.

PaceAdvantage
07-11-2005, 11:25 AM
No need to apologize, I was just taking the opportunity to promote an underused section of the board.....

:)