PDA

View Full Version : Reel Legend - Reel Weird Lexington Trip

Observer
07-10-2005, 07:37 PM
Anyone else think Reel Legend got beat by his trip in today's Lexington??? The horse has the rail ... has command on the clubhouse turn while under severe restraint .. ends up surrending the lead (while still under a strong hold) to the eventual winner on the backstretch .. loses position approaching the far turn to where he ends up in last place behind a pack of traffic .. then finds a seam in upper stretch and rallies to end up missing by 3/4's of a length.

I just don't understand why he was taken to the back of the pack at such a crucial stage in the race.
:confused:

Bubbles
07-10-2005, 08:35 PM
Santos has had MUCH more than a few questionable rides on the grass at BEL this year. He's actually looked like he's gone into the tank on a couple occasions this meet, it's been puzzling to watch while watching the recap show on Fox Sports. A different jockey, and 'Legend probably gets there.

the little guy
07-10-2005, 09:20 PM
That was some ride!

kenwoodallpromos
07-11-2005, 12:37 AM
Maybe Santos only has 1 way to rate a horse- drastically.

chickenhead
07-11-2005, 12:42 AM
I was screaming at my TV, and I didn't even bet! Hideous.

Suff
07-11-2005, 09:02 PM
I used the 3 & 1.

Common to see Horse's get the lead by default and then attempt to settle in behind anyone who'll pass him. However he had the lead for an awfully long time before he decided to rate. I needed the 3 to run so my enthusiasm died at the 1/4'r pole. When the one got up for 2nd by lengths , I assumed everybody stopped cold.