PDA

View Full Version : PA members in Florida.......

so.cal.fan
07-09-2005, 12:06 AM
praying you all will stay safe.....damn these hurricanes......scary things.
I have a dear friend in Panama City......who had to evacuate during the last seige.......I'm really worried about Dennis.
Please post and let us know what is happening down there.

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2005, 03:29 PM
Looks like they are getting the eastern tip of the hurricane right now...

BillW
07-09-2005, 05:24 PM
praying you all will stay safe.....damn these hurricanes......scary things.
I have a dear friend in Panama City......who had to evacuate during the last seige.......I'm really worried about Dennis.
Please post and let us know what is happening down there.

Just as bad is Alabama & Mississippi- Larry H., wes, Bruddah and others I'm sure - be well guys.

Big Bill
07-09-2005, 06:12 PM
so.cal.fan,

As of 5 pm CDT Dennis has returned to a Cat 3 'caine and could become a Cat 4 by the time it comes on shore in the Pensacola, FL and Mobile, AL area. Your friend in Panama City should be spared from major damage. She will see lots of rain and high winds much like those that accompanied Ivan. I live approximately half way between Panama City and Pensacola and have decided to ride this one out instead of evacuating. We evacuated for Opal and for Ivan and our home received no damage from either. Prayers from board members are welcome!

Big Bill

Tom
07-09-2005, 06:54 PM
BillW, get out now! Go to Las Vegas. It is dry there! :D

Big Bill
07-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Tom,

BillW could come to our Florida county as it will soon be dry! Our sheriff has the authority to suspend all alcohol sales (liquor and beer) when the official emergency for Dennis is announced.

Big Bill

so.cal.fan
07-09-2005, 07:35 PM
Big Bill......you'll be in my prayers, friend. Stay safe.
My friend and her son evacuated their apartment in Panama City, pretty close to the beach, and went to the new home they just bought a bit more inland, but still in Panama City.....they will ride it out there.
They still don't have access to the garage at the new home, so she has to park her car in the driveway near a huge tree.....we are hoping perhaps a neighbor will let her use a better parking space.
I don't know you guys....I just saw a report on Fox News at 4:30 pdt.....from Panama City, the sky looked scary and the wind and surf were picking up.

Bruddah? (a personal friend of so.cal.fan)
Please check in with us friend........
Prayers and hugs you are safe,
Diane

BillW
07-09-2005, 07:40 PM
Tom,

BillW could come to our Florida county as it will soon be dry! Our sheriff has the authority to suspend all alcohol sales (liquor and beer) when the official emergency for Dennis is announced.

Big Bill

Now, that's cruel and unusual! :eek:

Inside joke from Tom - I have a flight to meet Tom in Vegas scheduled for Mon. Earlier I was concerned about it being interrupted by the storm. Not even a "near miss" here - good luck and hang in there to all there - I have friends in Pensacola.

Bill