PDA

View Full Version : RIP Admiral Stockdale

superfecta
07-08-2005, 01:12 AM
Remember how he was ridiculed on a TV debate for his apparent feebleness and bad hearing?Know how he got that way?A stint in a POW camp,where he was beat about the head til he lost his hearing.And when threatened with death by the VC he tried to kill himself in front of them rather than give up any info.VC were so impressed by this soldier they patched him up and improved how they treated his fellow prisoners due to the integrity he showed as a soldier.More medals than John Kerry and John Mc Cain combined.Course hes twice the man those two will ever be.And we made fun of him when he was placed in the spotlight.Think if we had more men like him as leaders we would be candy assing suspected terrorists?

toetoe
07-08-2005, 01:34 AM
Uh, yes ... maybe. SUSPECTED, right? Let's prove it to SOMEONE'S satisfaction, then kick ass.

superfecta
07-08-2005, 02:51 AM
Uh, yes ... maybe. SUSPECTED, right? Let's prove it to SOMEONE'S satisfaction, then kick ass.
Or do you mean EVERYONES satisfaction?Maybe then?My point was he knew what it took to fight a war,and being nice nice to prisoners and those who mean us harm aint it.

toetoe
07-08-2005, 03:22 AM
I know, I'm just picking nits. Maybe it makes me feel that things are normal. They're not, of course. It's too easy for any Shiite-heel to get his hands on enough weaponry to kill thousands. It calls for a new way of thinking, but people want to either ignore the new reality or clamp down way hard on everything. Neither 'want' gets us anywhere.

freeneasy
07-08-2005, 10:28 PM
as far as i was concerned there was no better man for the vice presidency of the united states, period. thats why i voted for ross, in the hopes that he would continue on to one day becoming out president.
yes sir mr. stockdale, at your service sir.
he was handled very very badly in those debates. they should have just cut him lose with the express instructions to just "give em hell buddy, give em hell" i say amen to that.
thanks pal, we'er all with you.

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Remember how he was ridiculed on a TV debate for his apparent feebleness and bad hearing?Know how he got that way?A stint in a POW camp,where he was beat about the head til he lost his hearing.And when threatened with death by the VC he tried to kill himself in front of them rather than give up any info.VC were so impressed by this soldier they patched him up and improved how they treated his fellow prisoners due to the integrity he showed as a soldier.More medals than John Kerry and John Mc Cain combined.Course hes twice the man those two will ever be.And we made fun of him when he was placed in the spotlight.Think if we had more men like him as leaders we would be candy assing suspected terrorists?

Good post. Makes one think...