PDA

View Full Version : Breeze Figs

Tom
07-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Anyone actually used these?
Any feedback on how well they work, worth the money?

aaron
07-07-2005, 09:57 PM
I used them when they gave them as a free trial.If you bet multiple tracks they might be worth the cost.Their premise seemed sensible and should point the bettor in the right direction.

ezpace
07-07-2005, 10:26 PM
TOM ,, Seriously,

Summer* ,Fall *2 an 3 yr.old Maiden Special Weights **ONLY** (NOT CLAIMERS)

1. Go to the horses first ever published work drf/ bris

2. all you want is the number of days between this first work and the next work date.write this # down.

3. Next total the furlongs worked of those two work outs

4. Divide the days between works by the # of furlongs worked

5.Progressively do this through all the horses works.

6. Anything over a 1.4 the trainer is starting to put some serious speed into the horse

7. Depending on your racetrack you will see patterns develop....... division sums of 1.4 thru 2.. without a regression or a skip (to many days) are what you want.

8. 2's are JESOOOOOOZ some trainers you will find works 1.8's and 2's they run like JESOOOOOZ too. :) work times mean DICK IMO.

I prefer SAR, DEL, CALD, and any KY track , etc. sometimes ARL.

I like races where all have NOT started .. but my favorite is when let's say there is a10 to 12 horse field.. and a few have started once but showed little.. they will attract a lot of dough any way. IF there is one or two with a nice progression of 1.4's to *2'*s i Dutch them..and sometimes use them for the PIC 3's fwiw.. All those breeding stat guys can keep their precocious breeeding figs/etc.. unless they are precocious and have the right work pattern #1 ..**

now to answer your question hehehehe.. I know nothing about the drf breeze figs.. but these figs described will find ya a few XL #'s ,,,,always worth the quick study on a NEW DAY **

and thanks for your posts on pace segments and how you do their numbers and about any other post about bananna's ;)

Suff
07-07-2005, 11:00 PM
6 days is the ideal time between workouts.(my personal gauge) \With that in mind, would'nt most well intended horses have a slate of 3 furlong works 6 days apart? 6/6. Or 6 in 8 still leaves you low.

ezpace
07-07-2005, 11:24 PM
6 days is the ideal time between workouts.(my personal gauge) \With that in mind, would'nt most well intended horses have a slate of 3 furlong works 6 days apart? 6/6. Or 6 in 8 still leaves you low.

My Fav pattern most any track is 1.4 progressing to 2's with gradual longer works 5f, 6 f then a 3f -4 f tightener.. but you will see different patterns by certain trainers..that in generality work.. and I like your 6 day period also with the right amount of distance.. 1.4 to 2.0 BBT .... GGTYa

BIG RED
07-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Is anyone actually using these Breeze Figs day to day? Just opened an e-mail from DRF saying it is at a 3.05 ROI right now at Belmont. Can anyone verify this claim, or close to it ? Thx

Suff
07-08-2005, 10:07 PM
Is anyone actually using these Breeze Figs day to day? Just opened an e-mail from DRF saying it is at a 3.05 ROI right now at Belmont. Can anyone verify this claim, or close to it ? Thx

My recollection of the pre-simo days, and early-simo days was that 1/2 the crowd only bought the .50 cent program. Local players new the Horse's and the connections/angles they like to bet. Many players did'nt want or need to see running lines and a bunch of other info to bet.

These breeze figs are the modern day program. They give you the entrys, the ML and the top horse's that fit into the top ten angles that people bet.
2nd off a layyoff, Trainer +ROI angles, Connection trends. They list all the horse's/angles/connections that meet stickout or value criteria.

They're useful, and not a bad little tool (toy).

Ezspace...

Your saying if a pony has 6 steady works and the first set come back 1 and the next set come back 1 again, then he goes 4 days apart at 4 and 5 furlongs, you get 4 into 9 , gives you 2.3. You'd bet that number and I may as well.

Works can be subjective. A pattern like that might make me think the Horse is eager to go to the racetrack and is on form. At the same time I've seen horses sent out often and longer because the Hormones are raging , they're kicking down the stall, biting everything that moves, and the trainer just wants to take some steam out of him. Or I could think he's getting him ready for a route and he's in at 3/4'rs to get a race

I like works, and I handicap works, but on any given day I can interpret them differently.

stu
07-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Folks,

I am conducting a month-long independent verification of BreezeFigs to be published in HorsePlayer Magazine.

I am four days into the study and will let y'all know how it is going once the sample size is larger.

Stuart

ezpace
07-14-2005, 10:12 PM
My recollection of the pre-simo days, and early-simo days was that 1/2 the crowd only bought the .50 cent program. Local players new the Horse's and the connections/angles they like to bet. Many players did'nt want or need to see running lines and a bunch of other info to bet.

These breeze figs are the modern day program. They give you the entrys, the ML and the top horse's that fit into the top ten angles that people bet.
2nd off a layyoff, Trainer +ROI angles, Connection trends. They list all the horse's/angles/connections that meet stickout or value criteria.

They're useful, and not a bad little tool (toy).

Ezspace...

Your saying if a pony has 6 steady works and the first set come back 1 and the next set come back 1 again, then he goes 4 days apart at 4 and 5 furlongs, you get 4 into 9 , gives you 2.3. You'd bet that number and I may as well.

Works can be subjective. A pattern like that might make me think the Horse is eager to go to the racetrack and is on form. At the same time I've seen horses sent out often and longer because the Hormones are raging , they're kicking down the stall, biting everything that moves, and the trainer just wants to take some steam out of him. Or I could think he's getting him ready for a route and he's in at 3/4'rs to get a race

I like works, and I handicap works, but on any given day I can interpret them differently.
=================

Suff ,,I wouldn't consider anything under a 1.4 in a pattern

thoroughbred
07-15-2005, 12:03 AM
[QUOTE=ezpace]
4. Divide the days between works by the # of furlongs worked

EZPace, I look at this and think that your 4. should say "Divide the # of furlongs worked by the days between works." Since you are looking for numbers ABOVE 1.4, the relation you gave goes DOWN as the # of furlongs worked increases, or if the number of days between works decreases.

Where am I going wrong on this?

Thanks

Bill Cullen
07-15-2005, 10:23 AM
TOM ,, Seriously,

Summer* ,Fall *2 an 3 yr.old Maiden Special Weights **ONLY** (NOT CLAIMERS)

1. Go to the horses first ever published work drf/ bris . . .

I like your approach in general. My most consistently profitable approach at the races are maiden dirt sprints where one or several horses have shown a 5f work in the last 8 days and where they have worked against at least 9 other horses at the same distance and surface on that day at the track. If the horse or horses are in the top 20% of the other horses they worked against, and you can get 4/1 or higher odds, these are often good bets.

Bill Cullen

Pcon04
07-15-2005, 11:51 AM
Can anyone help??

andicap
07-15-2005, 03:24 PM
Daily Racing Form sells them. Go to DRF.com

First_Place
07-18-2005, 01:04 AM
ezpace sayeth:

"work times mean DICK IMO."

Au contraire, monsieur. That's only because YOU don't know how to properly rate workouts and their spacing--as well as another thing associated with workouts.

FP

p.s. And YES, I do use my workout rating system (proprietary) with Claimers as well.