PDA

View Full Version : need software suggestion

motorhead
07-07-2005, 04:54 PM
hello all

i am a spot/simulcast player. i play just about every track, even on a busy saturday. no, i am not a nut that needs action. i am very happy going through 30 or so cards on a satruday and have 6 or 7 plays total. is there a program that can go through all of the cards and give me a handful of STRONG choices?
(something in the 50 percent range).

thanks

ratpack
07-07-2005, 05:51 PM
You might like Netcapper. I don't use it but I have sent for the manual and they have user designed spot plays. I believe they are up to over 150 of them now.

You can also pick the spot plays that you want the program to look for and it will scan the next days cards and print out all the races that apply to all spot plays you picked out.

Gordon all use Bollinger Bands it is suppose to tell you when a spot play is in its up or down cycle so when to bet or when not to be.

You may also want to check in with Maxspa he recently got Netcapper

hurrikane
07-07-2005, 10:45 PM
are you just playing one or 2 days a week? A few tracks

50% what? return. win? that number is meaningless in the context you offer it

I am not the one to ask. Equism, jcapper, HTR can all do what you want. one caveat.

you have to put in the work.

hurrikane
07-07-2005, 10:47 PM
also,

there is an offer for a 49.95 system that can do it too...and you don't have to do anything.

Send me your money...i"ll send it to you. :bang: :lol:

motorhead
07-08-2005, 10:07 AM
for the helpful posts

the sarcastic one?

lets just say you can keep it. (if you want any ideas what you can do with it, i'll be glad to tell you)

50 percent or so = win rate

i play everyday, just about all tracks

and not many work harder than me

JimG
07-08-2005, 10:29 AM
It'll be hard to find something in the 50% win range that will pay you better than even money. Your best bet would be to buy software where you can analyze the output via database and query certain factors that may give you what you are looking for.

HSH, HTR, JCapper, and Equisim all contain exports that allow you to study combinations of factors that could lead to a profit. Each software has a certain number of proprietary numbers that can be added to the mix for analysis.

I suggest looking at past discussions on these various programs and go from there. As info HSH developer Dave Schwartz posts here often and can be reached. JCapper developer posts here as "Jeff P." can be reached as well. Equisim developer Nathan posts here as "Handle". All 3 are very knowledgeable and helpful and can give you an idea of what their software can do and if it is what you are looking for.

Best of luck in your quest.

Jim

Houndog
07-08-2005, 11:42 AM
If you play every day you and play multiple tracks you should take advantage of the programs that offer unlimited downloads for a set monthly fee. HTR and HSH immediately come to mind. HSH is probably more complex than the others that have been mentioned. (HTR, EQUISIM, JCAPPER, NETCAPPER, etc). I do not use HSH, but Dave Schwartz is a straight up guy and will answer your questions. The other people involved with the other programs mentioned above are also very accessible, and they all have their own Bulletin Boards which helps greatly. I would suggest you go directly to their Bulletin Boards to get a better feel of what these different programs offer, and find one that best suits your style of play. Good-Luck.

JimG
07-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Houndog gave a good tip regarding the message boards. I should have suggested that.

Regarding HSH, I doubt that it is any more complex than any other software regarding exporting to a database for research. There is at least one user of HSH cleaning up at the races using this approach in exotics. Probably more that I am not aware of. I'm sure there are winners using other software in this approach as well. If you do not mind the work, there could be great profits in your future.

Jim

joeyspicks
07-08-2005, 12:10 PM
I really like NetCapper. It has over 100 built in spot plays that you can track using technical anaylsis. JCapper has a feature in which you can program UDM's
(in effect "spot plays"). HTR has the capability also.

Question: you hit 50% of your spot plays ???

over what time frame?

I have some plays that I considered high pct spot plays at aprox. 38% long term (1 year or more)....but 50% ........?? really ? (that might have been the cause of sarcarism)? :confused: Just wondering about how long you have been able to maintain a 50% win pct ?

Bruddah
07-08-2005, 03:53 PM
If you are looking at that many cards and only playing 6 or 7 races, then you have your own methods. I would suggest JCapper strongly, for your style. It allows you to build UDM's (User Defined Methods) It's very reasonable in cost. It allows you to build databases. The programmer and author of the product is as sharp a handicapper, as he a computer whiz. Not to mention, one of the nicest young men I have the pleasure of doing business with, in a long time.

This testimonial comes from a very satisfied customer. Good Luck with your search. I am happy mine is finally over. (almost a year now) :D

hurrikane
07-09-2005, 03:34 PM
no sense of humor.

I don't believe the 50% either. But all of these programs mentioned can do what you want. Except the 50%

kingfin66
07-09-2005, 04:44 PM
If you are looking at that many cards and only playing 6 or 7 races, then you have your own methods. I would suggest JCapper strongly, for your style. It allows you to build UDM's (User Defined Methods) It's very reasonable in cost. It allows you to build databases. The programmer and author of the product is as sharp a handicapper, as he a computer whiz. Not to mention, one of the nicest young men I have the pleasure of doing business with, in a long time.

This testimonial comes from a very satisfied customer. Good Luck with your search. I am happy mine is finally over. (almost a year now) :D

I haven't used JCapper, but I get a sense, based on his posts on this board, that Jeff would provide excellent customer service.

Vegas711
07-09-2005, 05:15 PM
There is still another option you can have a program customized for you. I know someone who will write you a program real cheap all you need to do is give him the steps that you want the computer to do and he puts it into computer code.

He has done a few for me at $175 .

Doug3312
07-09-2005, 06:27 PM
I have been using Maxcapper, and with Proacaps it will give you on average 50% winners and up everyday. I haven't checked all tracks but Bel, CDX, CRC, MTH, and WOX have been doing just that. The trick is which ones. I am talking about the top composite score. If the top doesn't finish first, it very often comes in second.

Doug3312
07-09-2005, 06:31 PM
I need to amend my last post. I have been betting 1 unit to win and 4 units to place, and then it will give me 50% and up payoffs.

betovernetcapper
07-10-2005, 04:09 PM
Netcapper is my favorite program and I recomend it. If you try it and find it not to your liking Gordon will give you a refund.

motorhead
07-11-2005, 12:41 AM
i just wanted to say 'thank you' to all that have posted answers to my question

you have all been a big help

i now have a few programs to investigate

andicap
07-11-2005, 01:11 AM
I see no one really pushed HTR here and I wanted to encourage Motorhead to investigate this software to see if it fits with his style of play.

I don't know about 50% since that's not how I play but
the program is very flexible. There are the database guys who use Access to find spot plays and those like me who use the program straight to suit my style of play which is largely pace/speed handicapping.

The developer, Ken Massa is a heckuva nice guy and he'll do (for a free of course) custom programming for you in order to create features on HTR that you would like to see.

He's done some stuff to me that allows me to incorporate my pace formulas with his screens and it has moved my handicapping ahead considerably because the convenience allows me to a) look at races in 5-10 minutes max b) research angles.

My next step is to figure out how to use the export to Excel to keep better records on trainers and what is winning at the tracks.

good luck whichever program you go with. There are several good ones mentioned in this thread that you can't go wrong with if you work hard to harness what they provide.

kitts
07-11-2005, 01:35 PM
I would like to mention the program I use, All-In-One V6. I do fine with it choosing my own contenders and pacelines. You can choose "automatic" handicapping and discover some spot plays just by scanning the output. However, I seriously doubt anything near 50% hit rate or return. Good luck to you and enjoy digesting all that is here.

niteowl
07-11-2005, 11:04 PM
JimG check your PM

JimG
07-12-2005, 10:37 AM
JimG check your PM

Sent you a reply.

Jim