PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Storm Cadet
07-06-2005, 02:51 PM
My PC at work automaticaaly signs in to PA's site each day...my home laptop I have to sign in each and everytime? That is the ONLY site of about 20 that does this. All my other sites automatically log me on so I know it's not a laptop cookie program problem!

When I sign in at click on the PA site using Mozilla at work on my PC it goes straight to the home page site with my avatar on the left side saying I'm logged in. With my laptop, the signin page is there, no avatar and a blank line for me to sign in and I DO have the remember me box checked.

Any thoughts as it is a pain in the rear to keep signing in to this site each and everytime. :confused:

Dave Schwartz
07-06-2005, 03:35 PM
Check your cookie settings.

JustRalph
07-06-2005, 03:57 PM
Check your cookie settings.

Dave, you master of the obvious you;)

Storm.......do you have any 3rd party spyware programs cleaning up the system automatically? If so.......they may be killing the cookie.......the windows 2nd edition xp spyware will do this if activated.......FYI

Storm Cadet
07-06-2005, 05:10 PM
and the PA site is the ONLY one that this happens to and only on my home laptop. No other site logs me off (NYRA, Thorograph, etc) all keep me logged in.

I've checked the options here and there is nothing to automatic log in.

sjk
07-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Probably has nothing to do with it but for several years I kept my system clock set 3 years ahead and the PA site never recognized me when I opened the page. This year I set the clock to the correct year and that changed.

JustRalph
07-06-2005, 06:00 PM
storm

go read this thread..............

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61429

the last couple messages are the ones that will be of interest. Delete your cookies manually and then try

michiken
07-06-2005, 06:23 PM
IMHO I do not allow any web browser to remember my passwords or usernames because it poses a security threat.

If you don't believe me, ask my neighbor. Her identity was stolen when her laptop was ripped off from her car. She had all her banking sites set to auto login and now her credit history is )@#$&%_&

.. That being said, PA is probably ok to auto login as there appears not to be sensitive info stored.

If you use Mozilla Firefox, you can configure it to set a master password under tools/options/privacy. Cookies are delicous delicacies! Cookies have good uses can also have unwanted side effects. Big brother is watching YOU!!!!!!

BillW
07-06-2005, 07:05 PM
michiken,

I find the best way is to designate Firefox to specifically save PA cookies and kill all others at end of session. Seems safest.

Bill