PDA

View Full Version : Exercise

Kreed
07-05-2005, 08:34 PM
How many here Exercise Regularly? I just got back home from a gym ...
i got a gym in my building with swimming, running, plus some weights, ...
but i joined a gym's SPINNING class today, about 2 blocks from my apt. I'm a biker for ~ 10 years & so I thought FUN but I got surprised at how tough some old birds are. this woman, i'm sure ~ 45, but hot, out-maxed me. I got weird
about that. HOW? Then I thought of Secretariat losing to some vegetable
named Scallion or Parsnip & then I got OK but i admit that spinning class got me to 85% max. lol, I took photos of that class, but I'm not sure how cool posting them would be. anyways, its a 2-week class & I leave for our vacation in
3 weeks, so it fits in.

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-05-2005, 10:19 PM
I exercise six days a week,and this has been my ritual for almost twenty years (i am 45 years old).I have found that exercising regularly has a number of benefits in addition to the obvious health and conditioning perks. My energy level is increased due to my exercise program, and i find that i am able to channel this increase of energy to the things i enjoy in my everyday life.

Exercise(not too much) + Hobbies + laughter = peace of mind

Good luck to you Kreed sincerely Zappi:ThmbUp:

kenwoodallpromos
07-05-2005, 10:28 PM
I walk 4-10 furlongs per day, then eat carrots and oaties!

Figman
07-05-2005, 10:31 PM
Kenwood,
Do you eat the oaties in a mash?

Zaf
07-05-2005, 11:15 PM
Yeah I covered about 3 furlongs today, handily.

I probably send myself out for another 5 in a few days :lol:

ZAFONIC

hurrikane
07-05-2005, 11:33 PM
HAHA
Just got back from a run

my father in law - hitting 70. Races semi=pro. for a warm up he does 20 mi a day every day..averages 23 mph. Then every couple of weeks he races for 3 days in the games.

puts me to shame.

And you are whining about a 45 yo woman. Probably whoop your ass in bed too!!!! :lol:

kingfin66
07-06-2005, 12:37 AM
Yep. It's the family YMCA thing for me. We drop the kids of at the Adventure Zone then hit the weights and finish with cardio. I'm going to start running again though. I honestly feel it's the best form of exercise although not too kind to the joints which is why I haven't been doing it for quite a while.

Bobby
07-06-2005, 09:47 AM
I used to SPIN 2 or 3 times a week. I enjoyed it but didn't see too many results weight-wise. Its a nice workout for the legs. I got in the 2 or 3 position most of the time (standing up). too monotonous if i don't.

I prefer to run. so I try to get in between 2 or 3 miles a week. Three times a week. That being said I haven't run since last Thursday. Mix in pilates with it and you got a flat, toned stomach.

I lift weights too.

Valuist
07-06-2005, 11:21 AM
I walk three times a week and do weights twice a week. The gym I belong to has Dish Network so I can see racing on TVG or HRTV while I work out.

Wiley
07-06-2005, 11:29 AM
I run, swim, bike and do calistenics (I am 44 so old school - push ups, situps, squats) on most days in some combination. For cardio I used to run exclusively 4-5 times a week at 5 miles a pop but tore an interior meniscus in my knee, let time heal it no surgery. So I started swimming which is great and just got a bike which I love (road and mountain style) and still run but only 2 to 3 times a week. Bang for the buck agree with others running is the best - calorie burning, full body, mental well being stress reliever. To me exercise is the best drug a doctor can prescribe for both mental and physical health. I like to run in the morning of a big day of playing the horses, it puts me in a clear state of mind for handicapping.

hurrikane
07-06-2005, 08:38 PM
I agree 100% Wiley.

Tom
07-06-2005, 09:36 PM
Regular exercise is my way of life. I get out there at least 4-4 times a year.

Seriously, my doctor told me to raise my heart rate at least three times a week, so Wed, Fri and Sat, I go bet my paycheck on the daily double!

I used to go the YMCA every night, but then I had this horrible experience on the paralell bars - a half dismount. :eek:

hurrikane
07-06-2005, 09:39 PM
that would explain the limp

Kreed
07-06-2005, 10:12 PM
your a Rake Tom, but I would keep that DD bet down to once a month, for
safety. hehe

NoDayJob
07-06-2005, 11:34 PM
Kenwood,
Do you eat the oaties in a mash?

:D I hope that's sour mash wit dem oaties. :D

NDJ

NoDayJob
07-06-2005, 11:44 PM
Seriously, my doctor told me to raise my heart rate at least three times a week, so Wed, Fri and Sat, I go bet my paycheck on the daily double!

I used to go the YMCA every night, but then I had this horrible experience on the paralell bars - a half dismount. :eek:

:lol: Next time try the YWCA. The dressing rooms will raise more than your heart rate. :lol:

NDJ