PDA

View Full Version : Mass Fear Software Review!

Maxspa
07-05-2005, 02:17 PM
Mass Fear- The black box software,with a clever marketing approach.As the story goes, it all began when the developer met an aging horseplayer who shared his secrets. Mass Fear's web site states "An eight and a half year period has produced a return on investment of 22% , at New York and Florida Racetracks (including 32 of 35 profitable quarters)" Well, It has received an honest test in the month of June . Large tracks across the U.S.:Belmont, Hollywood, Churchill Downs and Arlington Park; Smaller venues: Calder, Delaware, Monmouth and Suffolk Downs- were the racecourses selected.
The results are as follows:
Arlington Park - 21 race cards
No. of selections - 25 - 2 winners highest win price $6.20
Win Place
25 plays = $50.00 $50.00
money won= $10.40 $35.60
loss=-$39.60 loss=-$14.40

Belmont Park - 21 race cards
No of selections - 29 - 3 winners highest win price $38.80
Win Place
29 plays = $58.00 $58.00

money won= $74.90 $94.50
29 plays = $58.00 $58.00
profit =+$16.90profit+$36.50

Calder - 20 race cards
No. of selections - 33 - 5 winners highest win price $17.20
Win Place
33 plays = $66.00 $66.00
money won = $44.60
loss =-$21.40
money won= $71.60
33 plays = $66.00
profit = $+5.60

Churchill Downs- 21 race cards
No of selections - 59 - 9 winners highest win price $31.40
Win Place
59 plays = $118.00 $118.00
money won = $101.40 $ 95.20
loss =-$16.60 -$ 22.80

Delaware - 20 race cards
No of selections - 14 - 0 winners
Win Place
14 plays =$28.00 $28.00
money won =$00.00 $ 3.40
loss =-$28.00 -$24.60

Hollywood Park - 22 race cards
No of selectons - 42 - 5 winners highest win price $17.80
Win Place
42 plays =$84.00 $84.00
money won =$50.40 $53.60
loss =-$33.60 -$30.40

Monmouth - 21 race cards
No of selections - 14 - 3 winners highest price $7.40
Win Place
14 plays =$28.00 $28.00
money won =$18.80 $25.40
loss =-$ 9.20 -$ 2.60

Suffolk Downs - 17 race cards
No of selections - 11 - 1 winner highest price $7.80
Win Place
11 plays =$22.00 $22.00
money won =$ 7.80 $ 5.00
loss =-$14.20 -$17.00
In fairness to the software developers, they feel that the results should be compiled over a three month period and I would concur. Secondly the place
results were simply my choice as I'm an exacta bettor and wanted to know if the place results could be used in my betting strategy. All results were printed out on the Detailed Mass Fear Report eliminating the probability of error. As we can see, some tracks like Delaware and Suffolk did not have many choices, pointing out the need for using larger tracks to use this software. In my opinon the short fields at Hollywood Park probably affected the results as well. In my opinion, the software has some promise as indicated by the encouraging Belmont Results. The developers have issued new copies of the software with databases of races included. Perhaps the software was rushed into production because of the excitement of getting it on the market, but that being said, they have made operational improvements
willingly. As the reader, you have the report. The decision regarding the software value, strictly depends upon your careful evaluation.
Maxspa

headhawg
07-05-2005, 02:51 PM
maxspa,

At the risk of sounding redundant re: other posts, your reviews are always welcomed. Thanks for putting in the time and $$$$ to help us out.

HH

jk3521
07-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Maxspa ,

Thank you for your thorough review of this product. That being said, this software is not for me, it would kill me to go so long between drinks. The win percentage is terrible and the R.O.I. isn't any better. Wow , this one seems to be a real loser. The dying handicapper story should have been fair warning . I've heard that one before with other systems. I had an old guy that I met at O.T.B. who gave me a system and I also saw him dying in the hospital. His system was to bet only gray horses. His reasoning was that the other horses in the race thought that the gray one was a ghost! You should have seen some of the prices his system chose.

kingfin66
07-06-2005, 12:28 AM
Now Max,

You haven't told us much about the test other than the final numbers. Those definitely matter, but were you playing every race? Was every race playable? I'm curious to know a little bit more about how the program works. Thanks for the report.

Jingle
07-06-2005, 07:27 AM
Maxspa

Nice job on the review as usual. Also, thank you again for the help you gave me in a few recent private emails. You saved me time and money.

Bill

Maxspa
07-06-2005, 11:45 AM
Kingfin,
Excellent question!! Operating Mass Fear software was easy to do. I downloaded TSN files for the eight tracks and transferred them to the Mass Fear data file. Once you double clicked the desktop icon, the software had a screen that contained the following headings: Import Datafiles, Run Mass Fear Application, Preferences, Purge Data Records, Missing PP/Results Files, and Exit application. A click on the Import Datafiles would start the process.
The number and choice of tracks, depending upon the software purchased could be selected for importing. This took a couple of minutes per track. Going back to the main menu, a click on the Run Mass Fear Application (Another three minutes)would process the datafiles for the selections. When this step was completed, you would have the option to print out the daily selections, if there were any for that day. Belmont, for example had three days where the software produced no selections. Whereas Delaware had ten days of inactivity. The Mass Fear Reports had two options. One a short report with pertinent items like Race Number, Distance, Surface, Race Type, Age, Sex, Purse, Program No., Horse's Name, Morning Line, Jockey, W%, Trainer, W% etc. The long report contained the same basic information but included all the contenders. You could print these forms and take them to the track. When the races were over you would download the TSN results and the next day's files, tranfer them to the Mass Fear data file, import them and go through the same process for the next day's races. At no time was there a judgement call for the user. Nor was there a scratch module to implement. This truly was a black box approach.
Maxspa

NoDayJob
07-06-2005, 12:32 PM
Remind me to post all my secrets on PA's forum, including the JSS and SKHP programs. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NDJ

P.S. Thank you for spending your time & $$$ to do the program evaluation.

John
07-06-2005, 09:04 PM
Well Max, Good job as usual.

I too, can't take long losing streaks no matter what the price of some of these races will pay. I think you were being nice with your workout. Because if you took out the highest and lowest payoff to get an average. it came out "0"

kingfin66
07-07-2005, 12:46 AM
When this step was completed, you would have the option to print out the daily selections, if there were any for that day. Belmont, for example had three days where the software produced no selections. Whereas Delaware had ten days of inactivity.

This is the main thing that I was looking to find out. It wasn't a situation where you were looking at every race like Steve Wolson did with his software, but you were actually using the plays that the software was telling you to make. The software does bill itself as a black box.

Your results do not make we want to rush out and buy the software.

Thanks for the info Max.

ryesteve
07-07-2005, 10:56 AM
Thanks for taking the time to do this work-up. If I've tallied this up right, you've got a total of 220 plays, a win% of 6% and an ROI of -30%. Pretty devastating. These are the sorts of numbers I look for when trying to come up with contender elimination criteria (hmmm... maybe this software does have some value after all :) )

timtam
07-22-2005, 06:39 AM
I see this guy is still selling the big MASS on ebay

I guess he hasn't made his sales quota yet :D

Wasn't he going to limit the sales per region ?

The guy should just play his picks from Mass Fear output I can't believe

he's still trying to help us out by fooling with ebay :bang: