PDA

View Full Version : And everybody is worried about the Mexican Border!

schweitz
07-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Terrorist groups in Canada:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050704/ap_on_re_ca/border_canada_terror_groups_1

Canadian border: www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/04/AR2005070400512_pf.html

Suff
07-04-2005, 08:29 PM
Mexican Border has rate of illegal crossing that dwarf's our Northern Border.

Even with Leaks, the canadien security forces are better capable of policing thier side than Mexico appears to be. Mexican authorities seem to encourage the behavior, as it lowers thier social burden.

Both borders are an issue, however the Mexican border requires more resources. Penalizing American companies that hire them should be priority number one.

Last I looked, I didn't see alot of Canadiens pumping gas by day and cleaning wal_marts by night.

GeTydOn
07-04-2005, 08:43 PM
All it takes is 1 person to be a problem.

schweitz
07-04-2005, 11:41 PM
Last I looked, I didn't see alot of Canadiens pumping gas by day and cleaning wal_marts by night.

Don't think those gas-pumpers and walmart cleaners are much of a terrorist threat. Read the articles and see the reason for concern.

kenwoodallpromos
07-05-2005, 01:41 AM
Good thing the terrorists have little imagination, and plan for a long time.

Suff
07-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Don't think those gas-pumpers and walmart cleaners are much of a terrorist threat. Read the articles and see the reason for concern.

I read the article. I would'nt have responded originally had I not.

I give the piece its weight. My viewing prism might be aligned with yours or it may not be.

You misread my post, or I incorrectly communicated my thoughts. Canada's law enforcement infrastructure provides us a partner more capable than Mexico.

I don't agree that economic conditions do not raise the level of threat an immigrant pose's. Both in the short term e.g transport WMD's across border for $$'s, or in the long term by weakening our combined efforts in the fight aganst terror.

Your headline implied Canada Posed the same threat as Mexico. Not true. The simple fact that Canada has a Thriving economy and does'nt supply us with millions of criminals each year is ONE HUGE difference. Also, Canada patrols it's Ports more effecively than Mexico.

As i said in my orginal reply to this article.. "both borders are an issue".

In my estimation.. The one requiring the most immediatte attention is our Southern Borders. Thats our PHYSICAL borders.

Our Corporate borders are the ones that'll be the Death of us sooner than Canada or Mexco.

schweitz
07-05-2005, 07:31 PM
Your headline implied Canada Posed the same threat as Mexico. Not true. The simple fact that Canada has a Thriving economy and does'nt supply us with millions of criminals each year is ONE HUGE difference. Also, Canada patrols it's Ports more effecively than Mexico.

Of course both borders are of concern, but it's my opinion that our northern border is the most likely to be used by Muslim terrorists ( it already has as you know) for entry into the US. I've spent a fair amount of time in Mexico and anybody that is not Mexican or US stands out (except in tourist areas). This is not true in Canada where there is a significant Muslim population. Add that there are many known terrorists groups in Canada (no known groups in Mexico) combined with Canadian law that easily allows refugee status---then add a border that is more than twice as long as Mexico's. The flow over the Mexican border has been going on for 20+ years but it is our northern border that some terrorists have used for entry.