PDA

View Full Version : more beyer figure bs

J-bred
07-04-2005, 03:20 PM
Look at today's 5th at Belmont...

the last race for:
Skagway, ran 1 1/8m at Belmont in 1:49 1/5, gets a 85 Beyer
Desert Breeze, ran 1 1/8m at Belmont in 1:49 4/5, gets a 91 Beyer

...so who goes down the drain at 4-5, and who wins at 7-2? Need I even have to tell you? So where do I send those Christmas cards for Andy Beyer anyway? :D His "figures" make more money for handicappers who know enough to know what garrrr-bage they are.

cj
07-04-2005, 03:28 PM
Let's be fair, those races were run on different days, so if you want to bet raw times, be my guest.

I still think he blew it though, I had Skagway with a 98 speed figure, while Deputy Breeze I gave an 87. I also had Deputy Indy better than the favorite.

ps...Jarrod did the variants, he is a very good protege! ;)

J-bred
07-04-2005, 04:01 PM
I'll tell you all what a daily variant (really) is... it's how speed figure makers try to squeeze their round pegs into square holes, so that their numbers "look right". A fast track is a fast track and anyone who uses "daily variants" is just wasting their time generating useless and misleading "information".

cj
07-04-2005, 04:02 PM
If you truly believe that, thanks for the cash! :eek:

Before you get all upset, that is just a joke. But really, no way in hell raw times will ever hold up to variant adjusted speed figures, even Beyers.

JustRalph
07-04-2005, 04:15 PM
I thought skagway was a better bet because of the "potential " the horse had. Good connections.......high priced purchase.........and the horse was bound to improve some. Looked like an up and comer. Not to mention the ride Bailey gave him. Scooted through on the rail and saved some ground. Bailey has had a great weekend.

Tom
07-04-2005, 04:18 PM
Hey J-Bred. You sound bitter.
Have a losing day?:D

Must be Beyer's fault, couldn't be yours, eh? :sleeping:

chickenhead
07-04-2005, 04:37 PM
I'll tell you all what a daily variant (really) is... it's how speed figure makers try to squeeze their round pegs into square holes, so that their numbers "look right". A fast track is a fast track and anyone who uses "daily variants" is just wasting their time generating useless and misleading "information".

hmmm....the daily variant constructed figs I use had the race:

Skag: 98
Dep. I.:98
Desert: 88

as the top three last perf. figs....looks surprisingly like the order of finish, eh? :lol:

cj
07-04-2005, 05:56 PM
To be fair to Mr. Beyer, for every two I think he blows, he probably gets one right, I'm wrong. The difference is, mine pay better!

Zman179
07-04-2005, 07:44 PM

You cannot possibly believe that, right? That's like saying that a listed "fast" track that is cuppy and deep is the same as a listed "fast" track that is rock hard and produces rapid times. :eek:

46zilzal
07-04-2005, 10:13 PM
PLEASE PLEASE come and bet where I wager...we need more money in the pools.
If there is ANYTHING more attractive about speed/pace figures is when they all run real off or fast one day and you are aware of it NEXT TIME. Often really helps to differentiate form shifts.

Figman
07-04-2005, 10:30 PM
J-bred
Better check with an opthamologist. THe June 10 time was 1:48 4/5 not 1:49 4/5. http://tinyurl.com/a3jcx

PaceAdvantage
07-05-2005, 12:08 AM

One question -- have you ever made your own figures?

keilan
07-05-2005, 01:24 AM
One question -- have you ever made your own figures?

NO!!

On behalf of his State Appointed Chaperon :)

kenwoodallpromos
07-05-2005, 02:08 AM
So can I assume GP fast= Crc fast? That SA fast= Great Lakes fast?