PDA

View Full Version : Anyone useing TMH?

yarnot
07-03-2005, 04:31 PM
I would like to know how you are doing with it.

When I get a good model of Avg. 2.0 or less with an ROI in excess of .95 my top 2 are showing a modest profit, but I need at least 5 model records for it to be of any value.

shanta
07-04-2005, 07:15 AM
1) Enter scratches

2) hit "alt a+u" to see uncertainty

3) eliminate all races with "low" uncertainty

4) eliminate races with more than 3 fts or "euro's"

5) go to accupressure screen if designation is "hp" check the early horses in race and compare to probable pace setter. If they "need to lead" and first and second fractions show they can not get it ( obvious calls here only) go to scratch screen and make them "non contenders". now revisit accupressure screen you will be amazed at how many times the read changes when doing the above step.

6)if you bet off the early/late trending oddsline ( cntrl+o) based on accupressure read ALWAYS pay attention to the top 2 and ties on the "master" oddsline. ALWAYS. if you were wagering CD yesterday and have the file the 4th race is a perfect example of this. A pattern that repeats itself.

My buddy has used the program for over 8 years. He likes it very much. The above is a small snapshot of some of the things he considers.

BTW he uses the ORIGINAL pars from 1995. I know the reply ok? can't possibly work. ESPECIALLY when "cappin" new tracks or redone surfaces. Whatever. He played GP the whole meet with their "new track" and is currently wagering EVD and that "new track". To each his own.

Richie :)

turfbar
07-06-2005, 09:58 AM
yup still use The Master, have had it for 12 years i think
he has some awesome stuff in there

turfbar

yarnot
08-03-2005, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the reply...been away due illness; have a few questions...

1. Why eliminate low uncertainty races, why not "high"?

2. Do you know what language TMH was written in?

3. Do you know anyone willing to sell their copy of TMH?

Thanks again.

turfbar
08-04-2005, 09:04 AM
nope nope nope

Lefty
08-05-2005, 11:45 AM
I'll sell mine; if the price is right. Send me a PM ir e-mail if interested.

turfbar
08-06-2005, 07:52 AM
I'll sell mine; if the price is right. Send me a PM ir e-mail if interested.

Hey Lefty what are you using now if you are willing to
let go of THE MASTER? Just curious
turfbar

Lefty
08-06-2005, 11:38 AM
Ahhh, you know me, all over the place. I just prefer prgms that use Procaps files. Right now, I'm taking the extended 10 day trial of Randy Giles Pace Analyzer. I also use Computrak.

Charlie Judge
08-13-2005, 11:19 PM
I talked with Eric Langjahr about 10 years ago. He told me the program was written in C with the B-trieve database engine.

CAJ

andicap
08-14-2005, 12:27 PM
I don't use TMH but I'll take a shot at the question of why throw out "low uncertainty" races. If you're looking for prices you want "high uncertainty" most definitely. Low uncertainty generally = chalk.

turfbar
08-14-2005, 08:33 PM
Andy high uncertainity
just means lots of unknown factors such as 1st timers
layoff horses,1st time turf.......etc. I really pay that feature little or no
attention at all

midnight
08-15-2005, 12:12 AM
First timers, layoff horses, horses who have no record on the surface all add to long term profits. The more variables there are, the more chances there are for the public to go wrong.

JimG
08-15-2005, 10:14 AM
I also use Computrak.

Lefty,

What are your thoughts regarding Computrak? Here or PM is fine.

Jim

legs
08-15-2005, 10:42 AM
JimG, I've been testing it at a few different tracks for about 2 weeks, using their compu picks and also the lowest odds in the odds and summery[2 different ways] about 200 races so far both are not doing good so far. I,m going to try it up to 1000 total races and see what happens. I'm picking tracks at randum each day. Maybe lefty can share how he uses it.

JimG
08-15-2005, 11:21 AM
Legs, Thanks for the reply. I do appreciate it. My apologies to all for getting this off the topic of TMH.

Jim

Lefty
08-15-2005, 11:36 AM
JimG, I just use the the low oddsline feature and the res. When I have a 4pt res gap and it's also top 3 low oddsline and 5-1 or more, it's a pretty good play. Not many plays though. That's why i use 3-4 software prgms and continually reshuffling my other prgms, always looking for a god spotplay at good odds.

shanta
08-15-2005, 02:45 PM
First timers, layoff horses, horses who have no record on the surface all add to long term profits. The more variables there are, the more chances there are for the public to go wrong.

Yes exactly Midnight.
Richie

Buckeye
08-15-2005, 07:46 PM
I'm keeping my copy of TMH

"Wild Horses" couldn't drag it away from me.

Maybe they'll update the pars someday for us members of the Network.

See, I'm at it again!

turfbar
08-16-2005, 08:35 AM
I'm keeping my copy of TMH

"Wild Horses" couldn't drag it away from me.

Maybe they'll update the pars someday for us members of the Network.

See, I'm at it again!

Do you really think that would make a difference?
Please explain to me why.

turfbar

Buckeye
08-16-2005, 07:20 PM
LS no pars
CLN no pars

I could go on, probably 10 tracks with NO pars.

The program uses time to adjust for class differences between tracks, which is dependent upon the horses running, the purse amounts, success of shippers, etc. They are performance pars that quantify, compare, and adjust. If they are missing or outdated, it makes a difference. Not to mention I was told they would be created by the program based upon real results. That is not the case.

JimG
08-16-2005, 08:09 PM
This is probably a stupid question, but could the electronic pars that Dave Schwartz sells be used to update the TMH program?

turfbar
08-16-2005, 09:00 PM
O.K. granted. I never play those tracks anyway, so to me doesn't mean a
thing, and am not pissed off about the update of pars,which is my real bone of contention, please someone explain to me how much pars have changed over the last 10 years 20 years 30 years, no one can convince me that you need updated pars every 10/12 months. Some one convince me that the pars I bought in 1994 are any different than today.How much of difference can thier be, answer me that . Am ready to eat my hat!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. If pars were so important to you , you
could have done the work yourself.Why wait for M.P.to update. Petty

Turfbar

Tom
08-16-2005, 10:32 PM
This is probably a stupid question, but could the electronic pars that Dave Schwartz sells be used to update the TMH program?

You need to know the format and then they should be able to be used. Can you see the data file for the pars in MP's program? I assume they are in a txt file?

midnight
08-16-2005, 10:53 PM
If the man promised that they'd be updated or that the program would do that, and it isn't the case, then I'd want to know why I wasn't getting what I was promised and what Mr. Pizzolla intended to do about it. The answers to both would tell me a lot about the man I was doing business with.

As it is, I don't own any program written by Mr. Pizzolla, and I'm not inclined to purchase any in the future. Others may do well with them, but there are too many questions without satisfactory answers to suit me.

Dave Schwartz
08-16-2005, 11:09 PM
You need to know the format and then they should be able to be used. Can you see the data file for the pars in MP's program? I assume they are in a txt file?

Actually, they are in a btrieve file. This would be a lot of work and of considerable investment. (One must purchase the btrieve license to create the file.)

Dave Schwartz

cato
08-17-2005, 12:10 AM
I don't understand b-treive from txt but I do know that with a decent set of pars (for example, Dave's :) ) and a little patience or Andy Beyer's fifth of Jack Black you can put together an updated set of track performace numbers in an evening or two

Cheers, Cato