PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga opens this month

Suff
07-02-2005, 08:13 PM
The Wait Is Over!
Saratoga 2005 Just Weeks Away

The racing world waits all year for Saratoga Race Course to open. The wait will soon be over. The most prestigious racing meet in the world opens its 36-day 2005 meet on Wednesday, July 27th and will run six days a week through Labor Day, Monday, September 5th. First race post is 1 p.m., and there is no racing on Tuesdays.

Each year, Saratoga Race Course seems to grow both in its significance to racing and in its fan enthusiasm. This year will be no different, as Saratoga Race Course will offer 45 stakes, 30 of which are graded and 13 of which are Grade 1 races. Total stakes purses will exceed $10 million

NYRA's Saratoga www site came out of hibernation this week with a nice preview of the upcoming meet.

http://www.nyra.com/saratoga/second.asp?track=S&id=1834

Buddha
07-03-2005, 12:57 AM
I cant wait for the Spa to open. I am going to try to get a "sneak peak" opening weekend or 2nd weekend when a buddy of mine is heading up for a week. I might try to get a Wednesday/Thursday in, and sleep on the floor of their hotel.

Suff
07-03-2005, 11:28 AM
I cant wait for the Spa to open. I am going to try to get a "sneak peak" opening weekend or 2nd weekend when a buddy of mine is heading up for a week. I might try to get a Wednesday/Thursday in, and sleep on the floor of their hotel.

J-man

I'm going opening weekend. We're just driving up Friday morning, with no particular plan. When that week rolls around I'll let you know what we come up with. I may go out to Whispering Pines. If your jammed up, you can join us.

Last year story.

We went up Friday morn, went to the track. Four of us. After, we shot out to WP and got #10 (the one on the driveway). Then went back to SIRO's and got Blotto. Then we went downtown to a restuarant named "Tiznow" and had a nice dinner. 4 guys one car, the driver says he's heading back to WP. In the condition we were in , I should have gone back.

But Danny and I agree to stay and worry about the 14 miles later. Bad move. We close downtown at 4 in the morning. Get seperated, I end up in Greenfield, lost in a cab. He flops on a couch near the Delphia Hotel.

Next day , I'm at the track at 10 in the morning nursing a cold beer. I have another 30 on ice. I'm sitting on a bench outside the Jock's room and up walks Danny, fresh from his shower at the local Mcdonalds rest room. The 4 of us, plus Storm Cadet spend the whole day betting horses and heckling jockeys. What Fun! . Also, it was the day they traded NOMAR GARCIAPARRA and the Yankee Fans and Boston Fans were having at it all around us. :lol: :D

Good times Saratoga.

kingfin66
07-06-2005, 12:32 AM
Good times Saratoga.

Suff,

I have a feeling that it's "good times" wherever you are. Is that the weekend you were all over P.Day and security made you tone it down? That was a classic!

Suff
07-06-2005, 09:44 PM
Suff,

I have a feeling that it's "good times" wherever you are. Is that the weekend you were all over P.Day and security made you tone it down? That was a classic!

Its all entertainment Kingfin. Thats all it is. Horses's, pace advantage, gambling, traveling, horse players, handicapping. All entertainment. With one main benificiary. Me. :ThmbUp:

kingfin66
07-07-2005, 12:58 AM
If only I didn't live on the west coast....

John
07-10-2005, 09:00 PM
SUFF, makes things happen !!!. Most of the time it will benefit the group.

{ as SUFF goes,So goes the party.]

Tom
07-10-2005, 09:45 PM
If only I didn't live on the west coast....

Hey King...
Some of us will be in Vegas this week.
Close enough to drive over?
(I hear that place stays open LATE!) :jump: