Looks like the Preakness is going to be a "real horse race"

www.geocities.com/nywagering/

scroll down 8 to NY Times article

also read NY Post article 3rd down

and so it goes

Karl

Tom
05-13-2002, 08:54 PM
The Post article was good - could not read the Times because they insist on knowing so damn much personal info - I registered as a CFO from Albania making 150K+ a year, and a woman to boot!
They got me on the selection where you have to get junk email from them.
Too bad. Their loss. I will buy the Post before I ever by the Times
because this on webpage tell me all I need to know about the Times. The Post is my knid of paper!
Thanks for the link - there were a lot of good stories there about other topics, none with the nosy attitude of the Times.
I added it to my favorites.

karlskorner
05-14-2002, 08:11 AM
Tom;

When I put the link up a couple of weeks ago, most thought it was a very good link, a coujple didn't. But then again, I am just the messanger. Had no trouble with NY Times, think I registered a couple of years back.

Karl

andicap
05-14-2002, 08:16 AM
Tom,
You can uncheck the box that asks whether you want to receive stuff from the Times. Joe Drape is a pretty good turf writer, worth reading. (Much, much better than Jerry Bossert in the Daily News, although Ed Fountaine in the Post is good).

Yeah, I do the same thing with the personal info. It always me to live vicariously. I've been a 23 year old Hollywood actress and a 60 year old farmer from Winnipeg.

JustRalph
05-15-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by andicap
Tom,

Yeah, I do the same thing with the personal info. It always me to live vicariously. I've been a 23 year old Hollywood actress and a 60 year old farmer from Winnipeg.

I think I saw that movie!!! She gets the part right........