PDA

View Full Version : Bris Multi Caps2000

gambler844
03-19-2001, 08:02 PM
What do you think of it?

BIG HIT
03-20-2001, 12:55 PM
hi gambler have some minimal use with it you can do a lot of things with it. Turn/time pace spd feet per second arange horse for contenders you can scr horse.Dont really know what you want to know but hope this gives you some kind of idea? Is a great tool to help you in your handicapping

hdcper
03-20-2001, 01:18 PM
Gambler844,

I used multicaps for over 3 years and believe it is a very useful tool. However, I currently have a friend who has provided me a means of using the Bris Drf file and provides me a text file of the information I use in excel(which provides me with just specific information I use to handicap on one page).

I think Multicaps offers alot of meaningful data, which is easy to access and provided at a low cost per datafile of $2.00 for silver or gold members.

I suggest you download both the windows and dos version which provides a sample datafile for reviewing it functions. The new windows version has very nice reports, but I tend to like the old dos version better because of a problem I noted in the automatic paceline selection criteria of the new version. For example, set both programs to select the second best paceline in the last three races for example and you will notice some discrepancies of output. And from my testing, the old version correctly picked the pacelines every time. I did advise Bris of this problem and at the time I stopped using Multicaps it still had not been corrected.

With regard to the program itself, it is very easy to manually change paceline selected and make any quick comparison of any factor for each horse. In addition, any one factor maybe reviewed for all horses for all pacelines very quickly too and in many ways.

If you like TPR type numbers the program provides just that. In general, the program provides many ways to analyze a race and only experience and time using the program will provide you with whether it really is for you.

Although I found the feet per second calculations to be quite low compared to the general method of calculating them, they still have similiar relationships numerically.

Hopefully that overview helps and feel free to email me if I can help in anyway.

Hdcper (hdcper@hotmail.com)