PDA

View Full Version : TVG pulls plug on Indiana residents

Valuist
07-01-2005, 01:27 PM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050701/SPORTS/507010423/1004/SPORTS

I would think this would apply to Brisbet, Youbet, Expressbet and others. The only option would be offshore.

JustRalph
07-01-2005, 02:49 PM
I am sure it had nothing to do with the guys below:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050414/NEWS01/504140309/-1/newsgamble

Zman179
07-01-2005, 03:14 PM
I would think this would apply to Brisbet, Youbet, Expressbet and others. The only option would be offshore.

Oh, you better believe it. Needless to say that Indiana horseplayers will now be running to the offshores.

Figman
07-01-2005, 04:00 PM
This doesn't say anything about "telephone betting" being barred in Indiana, only Internet betting.

The same holds true in New York. Internet betting is illegal and only telephone betting is authorized.The NY statute reads:

* S 1012. Telephone accounts and telephone wagering. Any regional
off-track betting corporation, and any non-profit racing association or
harness, thoroughbred, quarter horse racing association or corporation
licensed to conduct pari-mutuel racing may maintain telephone betting
accounts for wagers placed on races and special events offered by such
corporation, corporation or association.

Zman179
07-01-2005, 08:47 PM
Fortunately, the internet illegality is not enforced on out-of-state companies doing business in New York (thank GOD). I shudder when I think that I would have to bet exclusively with NYCOTB. If anything will send me sprinting back to Pinnacle, it'll be that.

Houndog
07-02-2005, 12:14 PM
I have spoken with someone at BRISBET and they have stated that as of now they are still allowing wagers from Indiana residents. Don't know how long this will last though. As has been stated people will just go to the overseas books. Honestly I really don't see Indiana as a hotbed of internet gambling players.

As a life long resident of this state the legislators down south seem to control everything. I live near the Chicago area and I might as well be living in a different state compared to southern Indiana.

Vegas711
07-02-2005, 01:59 PM
To : The author of the bill banning internet betting in indiana you are the poster child of a JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1