PDA

View Full Version : What's with the views?

twindouble
06-30-2005, 04:54 PM
I don't get it, the views out number the posts by a large margin. Are they all gun shy or what?

Observer
06-30-2005, 05:00 PM
Lots of people will check on threads .. or check back as threads grow .. but often will not have anything to contribute .. it's normal for any site.

twindouble
06-30-2005, 05:10 PM
Thanks, I was just thinking if just half those that look posted something, this would be one busy site. So, if I'm jumping around checking out threads that counts as a view, not the number of people that viewed.

fishorsechess
06-30-2005, 05:40 PM
Lots of people will check on threads .. or check back as threads grow .. but often will not have anything to contribute .. it's normal for any site.

I POSTED TOO MUCH.
Now I tapered off my posting and trying to do more viewing and responding.
The old Japnese saying "The nail that sticksout gets hammered"
Who wants to get hammered by posting!

twindouble
06-30-2005, 06:26 PM
I POSTED TOO MUCH.
Now I tapered off my posting and trying to do more viewing and responding.
The old Japnese saying "The nail that sticksout gets hammered"
Who wants to get hammered by posting!

Are you suggesting this site is no better than DRF's? A better question would be, have you ever post on the DRF's fourm, if so what do think of it?

keilan
06-30-2005, 07:47 PM
Are you suggesting this site is no better than DRF's? A better question would be, have you ever post on the DRF's fourm, if so what do think of it?

Hey twindouble you're here make up your own mind, why ask fishorchess?

twindouble
06-30-2005, 09:51 PM
Hey twindouble you're here make up your own mind, why ask fishorchess?

Keilen: Asking for an opinion doesn't mean I can't make up my own mind as a matter of fact you can bank on it. On another note, I've read a few threads and nothing has turned me off yet. Who knows, I just might like it here but I don't see many people on at the same time. I take it you can be a guest and not be able to post, is that right?

keilan
06-30-2005, 09:56 PM
Keilen: I just might like it here but I don't see many people on at the same time. I take it you can be a guest and not be able to post, is that right?

I have no idea whether guest can post or not.

And it's keilan, Big k, k ---take your pic ;)

fishorsechess
06-30-2005, 10:05 PM

No I have never posted on DRF. However, I know for a fact that alot
of people don't like to stick their neck out. That is the reason why
there will be opportunity at the racetrack. Because everyone wants
the comfort of betting favorites.

twindouble
06-30-2005, 10:35 PM
No I have never posted on DRF. However, I know for a fact that alot
of people don't like to stick their neck out. That is the reason why
there will be opportunity at the racetrack. Because everyone wants
the comfort of betting favorites.

The only numbers that are important to me are the ones on the saddle cloth when they cross the wire, with the exception of those I read in DRF. I don't care if the horse is 80-1 or 3-2 if I make a good buck on the race. Over the years I've seem many wagering strategies come and go primarly because the different opertunities the gimmicks offered as they evolved. You have to adjust to the wagering conditions your presented with.

Steve 'StatMan'
06-30-2005, 10:39 PM
... On another note, I've read a few threads and nothing has turned me off yet. Who knows, I just might like it here but I don't see many people on at the same time. I take it you can be a guest and not be able to post, is that right?

Hi Twindouble! Welcome! I see you've found the Off Topic Section! The threads, topics and discussions get more aggravating here. If this area changes that above opinion, hopefully it won't discourage you from the racing topics. Most of us, with PA's help, try to keep the "emotional stuff" from spilling over into the racing topics and forums.

PaceAdvantage
06-30-2005, 10:45 PM
Actually, this thread started in the racing section, but I moved it to off-topic, because it has nothing to do with racing....

Steve 'StatMan'
06-30-2005, 10:56 PM
Actually, this thread started in the racing section, but I moved it to off-topic, because it has nothing to do with racing....

Watch Out TwinDouble! See! The Off Topic is so powerful that it can suck anyone in, anytime! :D

:lol: - See him? He's not laughing! That's the last guy who got sucked into Off Topic, and he's screaming!

No, I'm just kidding. Now I'm laughing big time! :lol: :D

Tom
06-30-2005, 10:57 PM

...and little to do with OFF TOPIC either! :lol:

twindouble
06-30-2005, 11:25 PM

Thanks, I learned my lesson and I'll post on the right forum. Question; We can talk horse racing on any forum right?

twindouble
06-30-2005, 11:33 PM
Hi Twindouble! Welcome! I see you've found the Off Topic Section! The threads, topics and discussions get more aggravating here. If this area changes that above opinion, hopefully it won't discourage you from the racing topics. Most of us, with PA's help, try to keep the "emotional stuff" from spilling over into the racing topics and forums.

Thanks for the wecome; In other words if I'm in a cranky mood I should come here and give you all a hard time?

PaceAdvantage
07-01-2005, 12:09 AM
Sit back and observe for a while...you'll soon understand what goes on where....