PDA

View Full Version : Closed Threads

highnote
06-30-2005, 01:17 PM
PA,

Just curious... what are your grounds for closing threads?

I ask because I wanted to reply to drugsalvatore in the "Brawl of the Century" thread, but the thread was closed.

Thanks.

John

Bobby
06-30-2005, 02:44 PM
If not moderated, this place turns into HPU in about a month or 2.

I'd be scared to call the moderator a douche bag!

highnote
06-30-2005, 03:07 PM
If not moderated, this place turns into HPU in about a month or 2.

I don't know what HPU is.

Trying to belittle the moderator certainly shows poor judgement -- IMO.

Bobby
06-30-2005, 04:07 PM
HPU is the old yahoo forum for horseracing. Horse Players United I believe. It wuz real creepy over there. Threats and stuff like that.

JustRalph
06-30-2005, 04:50 PM

Way over the line. I was offended by it...........

kenwoodallpromos
06-30-2005, 07:47 PM
PA closes thread once in a great while if they degenerate too much for several reasons.
He also gives people great advice on postings, like agree with him in about 10% of your posts!LOL! :D

PaceAdvantage
06-30-2005, 07:55 PM
PA closes thread once in a great while if they degenerate too much for several reasons.
He also gives people great advice on postings, like agree with him in about 10% of your posts!LOL! :D

Yeah right. Look at off-topic. If I were the type of person who closed threads down just because I disagreed with what was being said, there would be virtually NO off-topic section! LOL (And believe me, it's a lot easier to justify closing a thread in off-topic than it is out here in the horseracing section)

Many, many diverse opinions are welcome. Many, many opinions that are opposite of my own are posted all over this board.

However, when someone tries to rehash the same ol' same ol' just to start something, or when a thread goes completely off topic and starts to draw epithets and flames, that's when I move in and close it down....

It's sometimes a judgement call on my part, and sometimes I don't get it right, but it's the best process I have at the moment.

You will notice that closing of threads tends to occur in bunches, but then we'll go for a few months with no threads needing to be closed....this usually corresponds to certain posters coming and going....you get the picture I'm sure...

highnote
06-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Thanks. I have never been involved in a closed down thread, so I was curious what goes into the thought process.

Suff
06-30-2005, 09:08 PM
I have never been involved down thread, .

me niether... :faint:

highnote
06-30-2005, 09:45 PM
Suff,

Let me rephrase that: :D

Before I posted the thread called "Brawl of the Century", I had never started a thread that was closed down -- at least to the best of my recollection.

js

GeTydOn
06-30-2005, 11:44 PM
PA = Steward

:lol:

bdhsheets
07-01-2005, 12:34 AM
Awww come now. HPU was a fine place. :D Plenty of people with scat for brains, small penises and big egos, but the two guys who started it were fairly brilliant [their names escape me] Database guys who posted all sorts of interesting stats and info that made you go hmmmm. They rarely policed the board, if ever. I thought for certain they'd write a book. Ahhhh, the good ole daze.

highnote
07-01-2005, 01:22 AM
PA = Steward

:lol:

A heck of a lot better than Hollywood stewards :D :lol: :bang: :faint: :jump: