cj
06-29-2005, 11:23 AM
They definitely have the room!

http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=28783

andicap
06-29-2005, 02:26 PM
Oh, no,
if belmont actually gets crowded,
what will the Rastas-- who have entire sections of the grandstand all to themselves --do now? Where will they go to smoke their ganja??
(Not to worry -- the slots people never mix with the horse people.)

If anyone from NYRA reads this -- I take my 6 yr old daughter into the upper reaches of the grandstand so she can see the entire vista (which she loves to do), and I am disgusted and frustrated by the Rastas who get away with smoking Weed up there. I'm no moralist -- I don't want them arrested or anything -- just get them the hell out of the grandstand.

PaceAdvantage
06-29-2005, 04:05 PM
I'm no moralist -- I don't want them arrested or anything -- just get them the hell out of the grandstand.

So then, you're an anarchist? LOL

JustMissed
06-29-2005, 04:48 PM
It's not nice to want separation from those of different races and/or religions.

If you got to know the Rastafarians, you might find that they are very nice people.

How would you like it if people wanted you and your family to remove themselves from a public place because you looked or dressed differently from them or your religious practices were different? Geez, why can't we just all get along.

"The Rastafarian religion originated in Africa. It is often associated with the poorer black population of Jamaica. It is not just a religion, but a way of life. Rastafarians speak out against; poverty, oppression and inequality.....not just religious ideas but global problems. Rastafarians will use the Holy Piby, the Kebra Nagast and the Bible (interpreted with a Rasta soul) for guidance.

The prime basic belief of the Rastafarians is that Haile Sellassie is the living God for the black race. Sellassie, whose previous name was Ras Tafari, was the black Emperor of Ethiopia. Rastafarians say scriptures prophesised him as the one with "the hair of whose head was like wool (the matted hair of I black man), whose feet were like unto burning brass (I black skin)".

Haile Sellassie was reported dead, Rastas do not believe it. They believe it was a trick of the media to try and bring their faith down. Rastafarians believe that Haile Sellassie I has trodded on to the perfect flesh, and sits on the highest point of Mount Zion where He and Empress Menen await the time of judgment.

The Lion of Judah represents Haile Sellassie, the Conqueror. It represents the King of Kings as a lion is the king of all beasts. Sellassie wore a Lion of Judah ring that was given to Bob Marley at the time of Sellassie's reported death.

Babylon is the Rastafarian term for the white political power structure that has been holding the black race down for centuries. In the past, Rasta see that blacks were held down physically by the shackles of slavery. In the present, Rasta feel that blacks are still held down through poverty, illiteracy, inequality, and trickery by the white man.

One of the more obvious symbols of the Rastafarians are colours. These are red, gold, and green. The colour red stands for the Church Triumphant which is the church of the Rastas. It also symbolises the blood that martyrs have shed in the history of the Rastas. The yellow represents the wealth of the homeland. Green represents the beauty and vegetation of Ethiopia, the promised land. Sometimes black is used to represent the colour of Africans, to whom 98% of the Jamaicans are descended

Ganja, is used for religious purposes for Rastafarians. The use of this herb is extensive among the Rastas not only for spiritual purposes as in their Nyabingi celebration, but also for medicinal purposes. The dreadlocks on a Rasta's head are symbolic of the Lion of Judah."

JM :(

thelyingthief
06-29-2005, 04:54 PM
so, is this guy a black bigot or what?

PaceAdvantage
06-29-2005, 05:01 PM
That's all well and good JustMissed, but you forgot one very important point.

Smoking pot is illegal, especially in a public place. They should be in jail, regardless of race, creed, or religion.

Observer
06-29-2005, 05:01 PM
And I supposed that group of people so affectionately called "Rastas" are the only people smoking the stuff.

Observer
06-29-2005, 05:03 PM
...Smoking pot is illegal, especially in a public place. They should be in jail...

Yeah, like that's gonna happen.
:rolleyes:

michiken
06-29-2005, 06:31 PM
I take my 6 yr old daughter into the upper reaches of the grandstand ...

I see that your corrupting your family the same way that my dad with me! Some traditions never change.

PaceAdvantage
06-29-2005, 06:34 PM
Forget about VLTs at Belmont. I say follow the Hollywood model and build a CARD ROOM!

Suff
06-29-2005, 07:34 PM
They should be in jail, regardless of race, creed, or religion.

I smoke pot. Matter of fact, when I went to the Belmont stakes I had one pre-rolled in the car. On or about the 5th race, I exited Belmont, went to the preferred parking just a scant 100 feet from the entrance, sat in a 2005 Cadillac sedan deville, put a Tom Petty CD in , and toked it up.

It was very very nice, as I only smoke premium stock.

PaceAdvantage
06-29-2005, 07:35 PM
Your point being?

Suff
06-29-2005, 07:36 PM
Your point being?

I smoke pot. :cool:

Suff
06-29-2005, 07:42 PM
It works in conjunction with an Alcohol Abstinence program I instituted on Dec 31, 2004. I've been on the pepsi program 6+ months. Thats good because booze can get the better of me. So I take the edge off with Grass.

Sounds crazy but it works for me. Besides that, I have no business in this thread because I do not play slots, and combined have probably spent 23 minutes in front of slot machines in 25 years of Gambling.

Sorry to go off topic....

JustMissed
06-29-2005, 08:11 PM
I smoke pot. Matter of fact, when I went to the Belmont stakes I had one pre-rolled in the car. On or about the 5th race, I exited Belmont, went to the preferred parking just a scant 100 feet from the entrance, sat in a 2005 Cadillac sedan deville, put a Tom Petty CD in , and toked it up.

It was very very nice, as I only smoke premium stock.

GOOD THING YOU ARE A WHITE GUY FROM BOSTON. GOD FORBID IF SOMEONE FROM NEW ROCHELLE AND HIS DAUGHTER SAW YOU SMOKING POT IN THE PARKING LOT AND YOU HAD BEEN A "BLACK MAN". GEEZ, THEY WOULD HAVE DEMANDED THAT MANAGEMENT "GET YOU THE HELL OUT OF THERE'.

GOOD THING YOU ARE A WHITE MAN AND NOT ONE OF 'THOSE PEOPLE', UGH?

JM

PaceAdvantage
06-29-2005, 08:18 PM
Dude, why are you going off the deep end. I said anyone smoking pot in public should be in jail no matter race or religion. Why don't you calm down? I guess I have to close another thread because people can't control themselves.

It amazes me when folks are so blinded by race (either one way, or the other) that they forget the simple fact that smoking pot in public is quite illegal....I say jail all the lawbreakers....white guys from Boston included!

RXB
06-29-2005, 09:15 PM
Come to Canada :) smoke your pot :cool: marry your boyfriend :kiss: apply for refugee status and then disappear :faint: it's all good with us.

"Give us your dopers, your gays, your criminals, your terrorist wannabes..."

sniezer
06-29-2005, 09:30 PM
In NY having less than 7/8 of an ounce will only get you a $50 fine and NO criminal record. It's like getting a parking ticket. The fine will not show up on any type of background check. I think your allowed 3 fines per year and on the forth fine it's considered a minor offense. Decriminalized(sp) I believe is the term for NY 7/8 law.

PaceAdvantage
06-29-2005, 09:57 PM
Oh yeah, and one more thing. By order of the health department, you aren't allowed to smoke ANYTHING, ANYWHERE within the physical building at Belmont Park, and this includes the 3rd floor Grandstand, whether inside, or outside in the seating area.

The only places you can legally smoke are in the backyard and on the apron. So forget the fact they are smoking pot, they aren't supposed to be smoking anything...

And this thread is way off topic, and will have to be closed, unfortunately...

andicap
06-29-2005, 10:13 PM
And I supposed that group of people so affectionately called "Rastas" are the only people smoking the stuff.

As a matter of fact in this particular section of the top of the grandstand where I like to go from time to time they are all Rastas. I know dreads and tams when I see them.

I have absolutely nothing against Rastas or marijuana. God knows, I've smoked enough when I was younger. My point was that people shouldn't smoke dope in a public place -- just as PA said. The smell is incredibly obnoxious and my daughter shouldn't be subject to it.

And I don't want them or anyone else who smokes marijauna arrested. It should be decriminalized if you ask me, so the government can spend its time and money going after the really bad drugs like ecstasy which the cops don't seem to mind much because rich white kids use it.

But just as you can't smoke in a bar in NYC anymore because it can kill bystanders, you shouldn't be allowed to smoke dope in a public place.

I'm just saying I wish NYRA security would chase them not drop a dime on them. Or let them smoke in the owners' boxes for all I care.

PaceAdvantage
06-29-2005, 10:25 PM
And I don't want them or anyone else who smokes marijauna arrested. It should be decriminalized if you ask me, so the government can spend its time and money going after the really bad drugs like ecstasy which the cops don't seem to mind much because rich white kids use it.

Give me a break. All the rich white kids I have known, and know, smoked as much pot as they took X....

I will never understand the love affair with marijuana....never...if you've never tried it, you ain't missing much, IMHO.

Closing thread now...