PDA

View Full Version : Check this out......interesting Science

JustRalph
06-27-2005, 06:55 PM
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15739502-13762,00.html

Snip:
SCIENTISTS have created eerie zombie dogs, reanimating the canines after several hours of clinical death in attempts to develop suspended animation for humans.
US scientists have succeeded in reviving the dogs after three hours of clinical death, paving the way for trials on humans within years.

Secretariat
06-27-2005, 10:53 PM
Jr,

That is weird. Here's an article quoting some scientists kind of interesting as well.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050628/ap_on_sc/cod_study;_ylt=Am2NyiWGmGkyRx7qoo67Xzas0NUE;_ylu=X 3oDMTA3MzV0MTdmBHNlYwM3NTM-

Steve 'StatMan'
06-27-2005, 11:05 PM
Interesting. Rather eerie, esp. given the picture of the dog they showed. Wonder if that is just a stock photo of a dog doing his 'Cudjo' immitation, or if that was an actual recussitated dog (if so, he sure didn't look happy!)

If the dogs and/or eventually people come back perfectly normal, that sounds pretty good. When I see the term 'zombie', that tends to imply that they came back from the dead, but I would think they are different. Do they still come back with the same memories, personalities, etc. If they can't bring me back with my same personality, memories, temperment, etc. I wouldn't want to come back.

By the way, what the heck is a 'boffin'? I'm going to get my dictionary now, but I don't think I'd want to be know (or my revived pets to be know as) a zombie. Hey, if I came back and I'm wasn't any different, then call me Steve, or call me Lucky, but not a Zombie.

Eerie indeed!

Steve 'StatMan'
06-27-2005, 11:10 PM
"I should have tried it out on a dog first."
- Dr. Frankenstien.

:D

Tom
06-27-2005, 11:17 PM
"When I see the term 'zombie', that tends to imply that they came back from the dead, but I would think they are different."

We have several "zombies" who post here.

"Yes, mas-ter!"
"Party line, mas-ter!"
"Bush bad, mas-ter!"

Steve 'StatMan'
06-27-2005, 11:23 PM
Aw that poor Zombie woman. Must have originallly bought it when a car ran over her at the waist, and then when she rolled over, it went in reverse and got her on the other side. Wow did they pull that tight - good thing as a movie zombie, she likely didn't have a speaking part other than "rrrrrrrrrr".

Hmm. Looking at that guy in the photo, I'm definitely glad I decided NOT to shave my head!

Classic Photo Tom!
:D :D

or is that :mad: :mad: for two zombies? (We ARE smiling. We're zombies!)

PaceAdvantage
06-28-2005, 01:23 AM
Dumb question....what's a Boffin? (and spare me the 7th grade reply...LOL)

Steve 'StatMan'
06-28-2005, 01:49 AM
I did a search: A "boffin" is a scientist, especially one involved in research.

Here's more info, and how it is used in 'slang'.

http://www.wordsmith.org/awad/archives/1004

Dan Montilion
06-28-2005, 03:24 AM
Undead... Hell this is old news, I dated one in 93 and nearly got hitched to one in 88.

Dan Montilion