PDA

View Full Version : women's golf not all it's cracked up to be

JPinMaryland
06-26-2005, 11:53 PM
Heard some chick on ESPN yesterday saying how Annika Sorenstam was the best iron player in the world. Male or female! Yeah right. I saw the girls play on a tough course today and let's face it they gave it away. Just gave shots away left and right.

Ochoa got to 18 with a chance to be leader in the clubhouse and chile dipped it into the lake. She took an 8. Michelle Wie was missing short putts all day. Tressle held together prettty well but saw her mis hit a chip shot around 11 or 12 I guess. Annika's game was way off to. Have to believe it was the course, and I find it hard to believe that this was harder than a decent's mens tour event.

Even the shot that won the tournament was anti climactic. Kim's pitch and roll goes in the hole. Hooray! But it denied a chance for Tressle to go to a playoff or to make a birdie on 18 and win outright. It seemed like Tressle's tournament to win near the end. So even that part was messed up.

Of course the ESPN coverage of the final round didnt really present it this way. They showed some of the boners to be sure but they didnt really mention how truly wretched the play was. And they got all excited about Kims pitch on 18 when in reality it was a luck shot that denied a playoff. Bah!