PDA

View Full Version : Software Wish List !

joeyspicks
06-26-2005, 12:19 PM
I was wondering if you guys have a "wish list" you would like to see in the software you are using.

For example:

Things I would LOVE to see on a single piece of software.

1) the scratch-bot feature that JCapper has. Late scratch's are no problem. Incredibly convienent!

2) Live odds updated right on your odds-line page.
The only software I have used that did this was called the Race Prophet by a guy named Colt Cannon (really). A pretty nice piece of software I thought and I never see it discussed here.

3.) What I would really love:

Once you have handicapped the days cards. A method of sorting the specific races you have designated as possible plays....by TIME. So you could compile a list of all the races from all the tracks and list them in sequencial order by POST-TIME. This is how I set up my day. It would be a great time saver.

Any one have any comments or ideas ??

Zaf
06-26-2005, 12:37 PM
I like #3.

ZAFONIC

shanta
06-26-2005, 01:33 PM
[QUOTE=joeyspicks]

Once you have handicapped the days cards. A method of sorting the specific races you have designated as possible plays....by TIME. So you could compile a list of all the races from all the tracks and list them in sequencial order by POST-TIME. This is how I set up my day. It would be a great time saver.

Joey,

Dave Schwartz's HSH software has a handicapping headquarters where you can do exactly this.

Richie :)

joeyspicks
06-26-2005, 02:09 PM
DAMN! I knew I would love HSH software. Im going to have to give that a try one of these days. . THAT feature alone would be very very helpful. Hey Dave ...ya ever going back to a 30 day trial?;)

Dave Schwartz
06-26-2005, 07:18 PM
Joey,

It could happen.

Dave

lsbets
06-26-2005, 07:35 PM
My wish - a betting interface where once you decide what to play and set your minimum odds the program will place the bets automatically without having to use any other software.

Tom
06-26-2005, 08:43 PM
.....the results dispalyed before the post time. :jump:

PaceAdvantage
06-26-2005, 08:59 PM
My wish - a betting interface where once you decide what to play and set your minimum odds the program will place the bets automatically without having to use any other software.

My software does that....but alas, it isn't for sale anymore....LOL

46zilzal
06-26-2005, 09:05 PM

bottom line betting...already a part of some Sartin programs

midnight
06-26-2005, 09:43 PM
Joey: HTR has all three things that you want. You need to have a registered copy of At The Races ($100 a year) for the tote-odds and insta-scratches. You can sort your plays by time through the use of the export feature and MS Access. None of the above is as much trouble as it may seem to be.

PaceAdvantage
06-27-2005, 02:27 AM
bottom line betting...already a part of some Sartin programs

There is a Sartin program there that actually places the bet for you? On what system? Brisbet? YouBet? Pinnacle?

My guess is definitely not YouBet....probably bris or Pinnacle...

plainolebill
06-27-2005, 02:52 AM
Is there any automated betting program that will interface with Youbet?

shanta
06-27-2005, 08:11 AM
There is a Sartin program there that actually places the bet for you? On what system? Brisbet? YouBet? Pinnacle?

My guess is definitely not YouBet....probably bris or Pinnacle...

Pace,
There is no Sartin program that will place bets.
Richie

ryesteve
06-27-2005, 09:55 AM
Maybe it's just me, but the idea of software-automated betting scares the pants off me. There's no such thing as software that doesn't have bugs in it. I can just imagine logging in one day to discover that my account's been emptied out because the program got stuck in a DO loop.

PaceAdvantage
06-27-2005, 05:15 PM
Maybe it's just me, but the idea of software-automated betting scares the pants off me. There's no such thing as software that doesn't have bugs in it. I can just imagine logging in one day to discover that my account's been emptied out because the program got stuck in a DO loop.

Well, if you program the thing yourself, that's pretty much impossible....unless you are coding while drunk....LOL

Trusting someone else's code on the other hand....that's a leap of faith I suppose...

midnight
06-27-2005, 05:25 PM
ATR will make bets with Pinnacle, based on minimum and/or maximum odds requirements.

Didn't the program "Cherry Picker" work with some online betting sites? I know it's tough to have anything work with YouBet, because their software interface is designed to dissuade any bot-like procedures.