PDA

View Full Version : Smokegetsinyoureyes

highnote
06-25-2005, 07:42 PM
Anyone know what happened to the filly Smokegetsinyoureyes in the 6th at Hollywood today. She went of as the 3/5 favorite and ran last. I didn't see the race or past performances, but I am kind of curious why she ran so poorly. Thanks.

JPinMaryland
06-25-2005, 09:07 PM
I watched it, had keyed her in the exotics but I dunno. Her and the 6 were running 4th and 3rd around the last turn, then they faded. She might have simply been eased as the two front runners already seemed impossible to catch at that pt. .Have to go to equibase I guess...

highnote
06-25-2005, 09:22 PM
I checked out the equibase chart, but didn't see anything that would explain it.
The chart said:

Smokegetenyoureyes: saved ground, stalked pace, came out into lane, weakened

SMOKEGETENYOUREYES stalked the pace inside, came out leaving the second turn and into the stretch and weakened.

JPinMaryland
06-25-2005, 09:27 PM
didnt look like she had it today, although a big favorite. You say 3-5 is that what the final odds were? She was stalking but she let them get pretty far ahead by the time the final turn came. The 6 actually held on for show, that one was running right with her for most of the way.

highnote
06-25-2005, 10:41 PM
You say 3-5 is that what the final odds were?

Equibase said her final odds were 0.60.

cnollfan
06-25-2005, 11:28 PM
I wouldn't make the sun rising in the east much lower than 3-5 if it was trained by Jack Van Berg. The guy has been ice-cold for at least a decade.

JPinMaryland
06-25-2005, 11:50 PM
she was morning line 7-5 according to DRF and was dropping, not sure what the final click of the tote board said; I think I saw her at 2-5 last time I looked. I hit race 5 at Holly. so I decided to stick around and play another race what the hell.

Did anyone see the Mother Goose? That sounded like it was a great one to see. I didnt wait around to see Megahertz race later at Hollywood. did anyone seee that?

cnollfan
06-26-2005, 12:14 AM
MG was a good race, oddly run. Bailey had Summerly way out in the middle of the track with an easy lead through a slow first quarter. Castellano took the rail with Spun Sugar but couldn't hold off the winner. Frankel's allowance horse Lady Pegasus made a menacing move on the turn but couldn't keep up.
According to the chart, the quarters were :24.09, :22.38, :24.16 and :24.90 with a final eighth in :13.02. The top three and Winning Season all participated in that hot second quarter, if it's legit.