PDA

View Full Version : News. Of the Good kind

Suff
06-25-2005, 04:31 PM
You guys know Bubble's... You've talked to him at the SPA? Then you know he has expressed interest in working in Sports. He has a GREAT NEW JOB that ties into our trip.

He's been hired as a part-time sports guy at WKNY, a small radio station and a CBS affiliate in Kingston, NY. The Local Affilate for the NY GIANTS and the NY YANKEES, and CBS NEWS. A ten-minute segament on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday mornings, from 7:30-7:40 AM.

Not bad for a Young man still in HIGH SCHOOL!! Congratulations Andy.

He's invited PA, and CJ to do a in studio segment on Saratoga racing, while working in a plug for Paceadvantage.com and Pacefigures.com. !!

Acting as thier agent I'm handling the negotiation. Buffet in the green room, appearence fee's, stipends, Black car service to and from the studio and track.

(posted with permission of Bubbles)

BillW
06-25-2005, 04:42 PM
Congrats Bubs.

Hmmm Yankees, well guess you have to start somewhere :lol:

Tom
06-25-2005, 06:15 PM
Hey BUBS!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Will you remeber me when you are covering the Breeder's Cup someday?:D

Trijack
06-25-2005, 06:24 PM
Bubbles

Way to go. Best of luck to you.

Jack

BillW
06-25-2005, 10:11 PM
BTW Bubs, Any webcasting? Can we get your segment outside of the area? If not how about .mpg archive file (live is too early anyway :)) Ya gotta go coast to coast :ThmbUp:.

Zaf
06-25-2005, 10:33 PM
Way to go Bub's !!!!!!!!

ZAFONIC

kingfin66
06-26-2005, 01:09 AM
That's really cool. You should post that out on the main part of PA. Hell, I wouldn't even be reading this section except that I'm jealous that I can't make it to the Spa.

Bubbles
06-26-2005, 09:13 AM
Thanks everybody. I'm really psyched to be able to do this.

BTW Bubs, Any webcasting? Can we get your segment outside of the area? If not how about .mpg archive file (live is too early anyway :)) Ya gotta go coast to coast :ThmbUp:.

Webcasting might be a little far to go for a little, small, CBS affiliate that is known for playing elevator music! I'll check to see if we have the technology to be able to get this on the Web, but I seriously doubt it.

Red Knave
06-26-2005, 10:21 AM
Bubbles, that's awesome.
Work it, man!
All the best.

SilverSow
06-27-2005, 10:26 AM
Acting as thier agent I'm handling the negotiation. Buffet in the green room, appearence fee's, stipends, Black car service to and from the studio and track.

(posted with permission of Bubbles)

Hi all...

Yep, we're all pretty proud here of how Bubbles is doing... air time anywhere is pretty significant... however...

Car service is ONE way... back TO the track in my Neon! Seriously, thanks to you guys for agreeing to help him out... looking forward to hooking up with all of you again this year...

Dave

Suff
06-27-2005, 08:20 PM
Hi all...

Yep, we're all pretty proud here of how Bubbles is doing... air time anywhere is pretty significant... however...

Car service is ONE way... back TO the track in my Neon! Seriously, thanks to you guys for agreeing to help him out... looking forward to hooking up with all of you again this year...

Dave

Dave

Good stuff, that lil Gig while in High School, can earn you a top notch Internship in College. If You send him to YALE it's a short skip and a jump to ESPN studio's in Bristol... :jump: :jump:

Bub's invited me along intially. Small Studio and other factors caused him to PM me back and say CJ and PA would be in studio and they'd call me in , on the phone.

When the phone don't ring, I'll know it's him!.... :D :D

Bubbles
06-27-2005, 10:04 PM
Suff...

Just to make a few things clear: It would probably be more convenient for both you and cj to be on the other line, and just me in the studio. No offense, cj, but I don't want you driving an hour and a half south starting at 6:00 AM, probably earlier, when you're home from Belgium. More enjoyable and convenient that way.

PA has also said he is unwilling to talk on air, lol. Which is probably good.

I would have asked whether he or his wife was the better handicapper in the family. :p

Suff
06-27-2005, 10:11 PM
Suff...

Just to make a few things clear: It would probably be more convenient for both you and cj to be on the other line, and just me in the studio. No offense, cj, but I don't want you driving an hour and a half south starting at 6:00 AM, probably earlier, when you're home from Belgium. More enjoyable and convenient that way.

I would have asked whether he or his wife was the better handicapper in the family. :p

PA's a sally, who probaly came up with two sound reasons not to do it...and that made enough sense for him to not do it.

All men die...Not all men truly live
William Wallace.

PA?
50 years from now, when your old and grey , in a nursing home.and sitting in a Wheel Chair, and Bubbles is the next Howard Cosell...........What are you going to say?

"I could have been interviewed by him once!

You better hope I'm not your roommate because I'll go Mcmurphy on you!

BillW
06-27-2005, 10:51 PM

You're hard core Bubs, you'll go far :jump: :lol::jump:

PaceAdvantage
06-28-2005, 01:05 AM
PA's a sally, who probaly came up with two sound reasons not to do it...and that made enough sense for him to not do it.

All men die...Not all men truly live
William Wallace.

PA?
50 years from now, when your old and grey , in a nursing home.and sitting in a Wheel Chair, and Bubbles is the next Howard Cosell...........What are you going to say?

Wow dude. Talk about harsh. I didn't hear you calling me names when I handed you the TVG interview....now the names start flying......SALLY???!!!! :p

Bubbles
07-11-2005, 09:56 AM
For those interested, I made my official debut this morning. I've found out that we do indeed have the technology for a call-in interview. If I can, I'll try to get a transcript of it up after it happens.

16 days until Saratoga!

Richard
07-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Bubmeister,
Hearty congratulations from the midwest.I've every confidence you'll give it all you've got.Beyer beware!
Richard

KingChas
07-27-2005, 10:45 AM
For those interested, I made my official debut this morning. I've found out that we do indeed have the technology for a call-in interview. If I can, I'll try to get a transcript of it up after it happens.

16 days until Saratoga!

Bubbles,any updates on the show?Links etc. My 1st e-mail question is "What do you think about Abbodanza?" :D Just joking.BOL-fill us in.-KC

Bubbles
07-27-2005, 10:59 AM
Abbondanza...great memories of Beyer. "IS THERE MASS HYSTERIA ABOUT?!":D...for those not following, get to a transcript of Beyer's Breeder's Cup chat last year. The guy asking about Abbondanza is me, lol. And once again, Beyer was wrong, he DID make the early lead. :lol:

In regards to the show: This station is the smallest of small. I don't even think there's a website for it. I'm going to try to archive two call-ins I'm trying to line up. One is going to be with Suff and CJ to hype this site CJ's pace figures, and track season. The other is going to be with poster TravisVOX, who has an Internet show you may have heard about in General Handicapping. I can try, note the try, to get the audio and/or transcripts of the interviews on this site once they're done. Getting audio from a radio station to the web isn't exactly my forte, but if I can get pointers from all you webmasters, I'll see what I can do.

Signing off from radioland,
Bub's

Bubbles
08-08-2005, 08:55 AM
Suff and cj...

If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to schedule you guys for Wednesday, August 24th, the Wednesday of Travers week. If that's a problem, please notify me.

Suff
08-09-2005, 01:28 PM
Suff and cj...

If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to schedule you guys for Wednesday, August 24th, the Wednesday of Travers week. If that's a problem, please notify me.

Bubs.

That fine,,, Unless something or someone else comes up. E.g. Purple power. If he and CJ (or the equivialent) are available then I'll step out. I have nothing to offer that anyone of a 100 guys could give you. For fun,and memories I'll do it. I know CJ is on a 3 week cruise through Europe right now...so you may not get an answer from him right away. I'm just getting back from 4 days on the road. Thanks

BillW
08-09-2005, 01:32 PM
Bubs,

How's the gig been going? fill us in.

Bill

Bubbles
08-09-2005, 10:06 PM
It's been going great. The experience is fantastic. Can't think of a better summer job a year before I go off to college.

John
08-10-2005, 09:17 AM
Lot's of luck,Bubbles.