PDA

View Full Version : BEL SAT

SAL
06-25-2005, 12:48 PM
Picks for Belmont Saturday:

R1 #5 Main Point-Makes his initial start in the claiming ranks. He has decent early speed, but has shown he can run well without the lead in the past. I’m not all that sure that Raja Brown will run as big for Contessa as he did for Dutrow, so I’m willing to take a shot here.

R2 #4 Incredible Speed-Failed as the odds on fav in his last. I figure something went amiss in that race, forcing the long layoff. Barn is 1/3 off long layoffs on the turf in the past year, and that hit rate is good enough for me. I’ll take a stand against Pletcher here.

R3 #1 Excellent Charisma-Taking another shot in a field full of question marks. This one rallied nicely going shorter and I’m looking for her to pick off dead bodies in the stretch today also.

R4 #11 Organizer-Returns from long layoff with a sharp recent drill. Has yet to run a bad one and his last race returned 2 next out winners.

R5 #8 Silver Whistle-Adds lasix off a win. Made an impressive late run into the fastest half mile of the race last time. Gets Bailey today, and the price will be short.

R6 #1 Jamies Jet-Returns from long layoff with eyecatching drills. Fired as a FTS so he’s shown he can run well fresh. Looking for Coa to send from the rail here.

R7 Pass

R8 #3 Spun Sugar-Last race returned two next out winners, including one stakes winner. She’s answered all the questions so far, so it’s tough to go against her.

R9 #3 Meneef-Ran well in a couple of huge fields overseas. Barn is capable with these layoff/first start in US types. Showed good early lick in his races overseas, so seeing him near the lead here wouldn’t be surprising.